Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where/how to dispose of garden rubble?

Options
  • 09-02-2012 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I am currently digging a patch in my garden and am accumulating a pile of various sized rocks, which I need to get rid of. Its not a large pile but I think its a bit much to be putting in the pay by the kilo wheelie bin.

Does anyone know how/where I can dispose of these in the Galway city area?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Well , you could get one of the pre paid sling bag skips , think they are in b&q. Other than that, ever consider a nice rockery?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Muppet2006

You could start filling in that big hole that the council are looking into in Knocknacarra ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

New_Girl wrote: »
    I am currently digging a patch in my garden and am accumulating a pile of various sized rocks, which I need to get rid of

If your garden is wed, I suggest you bury them and put in a few wheelbarrows of sand - it'll help the drainage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

New_Girl wrote: »
    I am currently digging a patch in my garden and am accumulating a pile of various sized rocks, which I need to get rid of. Its not a large pile but I think its a bit much to be putting in the pay by the kilo wheelie bin.

Does anyone know how/where I can dispose of these in the Galway city area?
    Cheers

You know that film where they dug a tunnel to escape from the prisoner of war camp and each morning they went out into the yard and let the earth they had accumulated overnight fall out of their pockets?

You could do that too - say stroll up and down shop street of a saturday - No one would notice - They only problem is you would need awful big holes in your pockets to get rid of rocks!

No need to thank me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

scholar007 wrote: »
    You know that film where they dug a tunnel to escape from the prisoner of war camp and each morning they went out into the yard and let the earth they had accumulated overnight fall out of their pockets?

You could do that too - say stroll up and down shop street of a saturday - No one would notice - They only problem is you would need awful big holes in your pockets to get rid of rocks!

No need to thank me.

The Great Escape! Ha ha! That's the first image I got when I read this!

• Advertisement
Advertisement