Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I let a cat in

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Agree 1000% with this.

We have a cat as a pet. Wasn't my idea but I'm fairly fond of her now. She's gone missing a few times for up to 10 days. People must have been feeding her during these times for her to stay away so long.

Bottom line - if a cat has a collar or looks nice and healthy and cared for - it's someones pet. Don't feed it and confuse it. Get your own ****ing cat.

:mad:

If I ever see your cat Im gonna feed it.It took 102 posts to come to this but here we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

idunnoshur wrote: »
    There's a bit of hypocrisy here, when I started the thread about the dog I had abuse flung at me. This man write about shooting a cat and it seems that everyone thinks its hilarious.
    Thats woof

There's a bit of hypocrisy here, when I started the thread about the dog I had abuse flung at me. This man write about shooting a cat and it seems that everyone thinks its hilarious.

I look like George Clooney I can kill all te cats I want nobody will mind.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Splinter wrote: »
    about 5 years ago, my then girlfriend started feeding a neighbours cat. the cat is still in our place now... refuses to leave. neighbours have moved and all

i bet you have no mice though ;)

You're right!! I'm also single... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

This man write about shooting a cat and it seems that everyone thinks its hilarious.

Not only hilarious but he's given the calibre of round to use as well. I guess we are pet racists.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lesserspottedchloe

gbee wrote: »
    This man write about shooting a cat and it seems that everyone thinks its hilarious.

Not only hilarious but he's given the calibre of round to use as well. I guess we are pet racists.
    Can a mod please explain why comments that condone and suggest methods of cruelty to animals are being tolerated? Previous poster is right-this would be a closed thread if it was dogs we were discussing...

laylah wrote: »
    Can a mod please explain why comments that condone and suggest methods of cruelty

They shoot horses don't they? Race horse breaks a leg the vet takes out his .38 and puts one in the horses brain. Cruel?

laylah wrote: »
    Can a mod please explain why comments that condone and suggest methods of cruelty to animals are being tolerated? Previous poster is right-this would be a closed thread if it was dogs we were discussing...

As the Op I was asking for advice . I do not condone violence towrds any animals . I just wondered what other people thought. Anybody I have seen talking about violence towards the cat did so in a lighthearted joking way. A person who wanted advice about killing a dog has been the only person that complained about this thread before you . His complaint was that his dog killing thread got closed but mine didnt.
    There were no kittens hurt in the making of this thread.
    When I was a kid a stray cat had kittens at the end of my road and the woman who owned the garden they were born in drowned them all . I dont find real cat violence funny . But Im sure everyone here is just joking . I dont know if thats allowed but I like this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I like cats.
    You know they truly care about you when they tear your arms and hands to ribbons...
    It in turn, knows you care about them, when you don't react to these events in a violent manner.
    I'm allergic to them too, which adds to it.
    Some cats are nice and loving,
    It would seem said cat jumped straight from being loving and happy to the life long commitment of calling you its owner, by branding its name into your arm :)
    Kittens are lovely when they're young, but get boring after a while,
    Cats combat loneliness :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

TheBody wrote: »

Or V6 turbo cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Probably posted to death on the web but this IS what the cat thinks of your house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

OP i am currently in a similar position to yourself.

I have my own cat who usually comes and goes as he pleases. He always comes home at round 6.00 and we keep him in for the night after that.

Another cat followed him home one night and as an animal lover i threw the other cat a bit of ham which it devoured. It went away after that but since then it has come back more and more.

It is not a stray, its clearly someones pet as it has a collar on but the thing is it is skin and bone and always starving.

Recently i started letting him into the house so he could eat some nuts i left out in a bowl, i didn't want people to see him eating food outside as i was concerned if his owners saw they may not be happy with me feeding him.

Any way i banned this cat from my house when he bit my own cat but now every time i see him looking in from the window i feel so sorry for him. I grew to like the little fella, he is jet black in color with a red and white collar, i even named him Luiz.

What should i do? keep feeding him or just forget about him?

His owners obviously don't feed him well as he is always starving when he comes around.

I have my own cat who usually comes and goes as he pleases. He always comes home at round 6.00 and we keep him in for the night after that.

Another cat followed him home one night and as an animal lover i threw the other cat a bit of ham which it devoured. It went away after that but since then it has come back more and more.

It is not a stray, its clearly someones pet as it has a collar on but the thing is it is skin and bone and always starving.

Recently i started letting him into the house so he could eat some nuts i left out in a bowl, i didn't want people to see him eating food outside as i was concerned if his owners saw they may not be happy with me feeding him.

Any way i banned this cat from my house when he bit my own cat but now every time i see him looking in from the window i feel so sorry for him. I grew to like the little fella, he is jet black in color with a red and white collar, i even named him Luiz.

His owners obviously don't feed him well as he is always starving when he comes around.

Maybe they are using him as a racing cat , kinda like a whippet or greyhound. Feeding him may lead to the owners thinking he is not cut out to be a racing cat because of his sizeable girth.
    You could be doing more harm than good will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Cats can wonder, even with a collar the cat might not have been home in days to have eaten, still there is the risk that the owners have stopped feeding the cat so you could contact your local animal control as they might be able to sort out what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

I love cats. I try and entice them into my house with bits of ham and promises of Elmyra style love. They however eye me suspiciously because they know the score.

I do maintain that cats are the finest little gentlemen around and I'll have no one say anything otherwise. I am on first name acquaintance with all the dapper little fellows of my neighborhood, despite their reluctance to enter my house, (funnily enough they all have quite dainty names like Rupert, Clive and Leslie.) I am certain that these upstanding troops partake in the highest cultural form of social engagement such as card gaming and charades.

Cats are ruddy brill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Its different with dogs. Just different.

Ive started to get phonecalls to the house late at night , they say nothing just kinda purr, I think it may be him
    Has anyone else ever had this sort of treatment from a cat.
    How would i go about getting his caller ID

• Advertisement

cloptrop wrote: »
    Ive started to get phonecalls to the house late at night , they say nothing just kinda purr, I think it may be him

I had a similar incident with a particular aggressive tabby named Nigel. I would recommend hissing softly but affirmatively into the phone, let him know you mean action and are prepared to engage in hours of low growling followed by occasionally yelping if needs be, see if that doesn't turn him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Kick it up the hole, wont hang around then.

Cats:rolleyes:

Thanks man Ill give this a go. When he sees me on the street he acts like nothing happened . Its so intimidating

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

Talk to Joe on Li Feline

Ive started to get phonecalls to the house late at night ,

Do nothing, the last thing you do is hang up, put down the receiver and go to sleep.

The bill will eventually catch them up.

Thanks man Ill give this a go. When he sees me on the street he acts like nothing happened . Its so intimidating

Christ I know the way, gangs of them; sitting on walls nonchalantly licking and staring intently at dust as if you hadn't been locked in furious eye debates through windows but minutes ago.

And you know all those little gentlemencats are talking about you in their highly selective social clubs yeah? You can guarantee that little Claude or Frank or whomever you've allowed enter into your life is spreading the word about you and your soft touch.

• Advertisement

Mybe I should get a gun just to be on the safe side.
    I know a cat.

Mybe I should get a gun just to be on the safe side.
    I know a cat.

Two guns. And a grapefruit. One can never be too careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

its a known fact that cat's eat Birds...

its a known fact that Pussy's eat Birds...
    Thanks for that bren , I will stick that on a post it and hang it in the incident room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Thanks for that bren , I will stick that on a post it and hang it in the incident room.

:D:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

antodeco wrote: »
    Feed it alkaselser and it'll explode...!

Wait.. Pigeons?

Are you saying,if you feed pigeons alkaselser,they will explode !.Intresting very intresting indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It's possible that he's wandered far from home. Is there a tag on his collar? Can you get hold of him and take him to the vet? They should scan for a microchip free of charge.

Advertisement