Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster centres

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    thus negating your point that Munster have no young home grown centres

now now i did not say they have no centres; i asked who and where they are; dont be so precious please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

leftleg wrote: »
    now now i did not say they have no centres; i asked who and where they are; dont be so precious please

You said "where are Munsters young Irish centres?"

I gave you an example of a very talented one with a bright future so it seems your getting uppity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

I think its fair to say Munster have failed to produce centers up until now.

Theres another player in the academy called Cian Bohane who is listed as a center but I've never seen him play.

it seems your getting uppity

I asked where are Munsters Centres gone?? you replied with a valid one saying it negated my point that Munster have none;

I never said Munster have no Natural Irish Centres i merely asked where and who they are;

If i had more experience here i would have thanked your post tilll you got precious about it and then called me "upity" for nothing;

I asked where are Munsters Centres gone?? you replied with a valid one saying it negated my point that Munster have none;

I never said Munster have no Natural Irish Centres i merely asked where and who they are;

If i had more experience here i would have thanked your post tilll you got precious about it and then called me "upity" for nothing;

Ha ok, I thanked your post, all cool now? :p

JJ is a serious prospect though. Worth watching for the u20s at the weekend

• Advertisement

Ha ok, I thanked your post, all cool now? :p

JJ is a serious prospect though. Worth watching for the u20s at the weekend

Its all just miscommunication; no need to apologise; did JJ play against Wales last week?? was he the try scorer?? if so he has serious gas and great eye for a gap

Its all just miscommunication; no need to apologise; did JJ play against Wales last week?? was he the try scorer?? if so he has serious gas and great eye for a gap

He was very impressive. Someone else on the board compared him to a young BOD. Very serious compliment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭ed7890

Whatever else about Earls, I don't see how anyone could say he doesn't run good lines, most his tries look easy because of the line he takes. As I always point out, if they were actually that easy we'd all be internationals.

Anyhow, going back to the OP, I'm reasonably hopeful Hanrahan will be a decent centre and that Smith and Barnes will come through to at least a Pro12 or HEC standard.

Barnes is definitely comfortable at Pro12 level already. Had a hand in winning the league last year, and is our top try scorer in it so far this year. The HEC jump is what we need from him.

Hopefully Smith will turn out to be good, can't find the stats now but I think he's supposed to be a big lad. Looked handy enough in the clips of A games I saw him in.

There's Hircock too in the Academy but I don't know if he's supposed to be any good or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭muscleshirt

ed7890 wrote: »
    Barnes is definitely comfortable at Pro12 level already. Had a hand in winning the league last year, and is our top try scorer in it so far this year. The HEC jump is what we need from him.

Hopefully Smith will turn out to be good, can't find the stats now but I think he's supposed to be a big lad. Looked handy enough in the clips of A games I saw him in.

There's Hircock too in the Academy but I don't know if he's supposed to be any good or not.
    Smith played a season with midleton rfc ,maybe someone from there could fill us in,Hircock is currently playing with garryowen and doing ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭vixen chaser

JJ Hanrahan is a deadly player, from Currow in co kerry, you can't get more traditional than that. I hope he breaks through to first 15 before the season is out

• Advertisement

JJ Hanrahan is a deadly player, from Currow in co kerry, you can't get more traditional than that. I hope he breaks through to first 15 before the season is out

Not likely this year, although he might get some limited rabo game time. Next year will be JJ's year to stake a claim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Id love to see JJ loaned out for next season. Connacht, or perhaps an English division 1 side. Main thing at this stage is to get some gametime under his belt. Subbing for Munster in the pro-12 behind Downey, Laualalalalala & Keatley is absolutely no use for Munster or JJ....

Advertisement