Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I-Phone Cable for TV??

• 09-02-2012 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

I've been told you can buy a cable that runs into any HD TV from an I-phone and sends the picture from the I-phone to the TV?

So you can watch movies, 4OD, Youtube etc etc or what ever is on your i-phone.

Is this true?

And if it is, were can I buy one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

You're probably thinking of this:

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/MC953ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE

You still need an HDMI cable to your TV by the way... any cheap one will do though.

You can buy the adapter from Apple, CompuB, PC World, HMVs that sell Apple stuff and other places...

You should also note that certain apps (SkyGo I think for example) block the TV output and won't allow you to view content on the TV. And if you want to "mirror" the actual iPhone interface, you need an iPhone 4S or be jailbroken.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

J-blk wrote: »
    You're probably thinking of this:

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/MC953ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE

You still need an HDMI cable to your TV by the way... any cheap one will do though.

You can buy the adapter from Apple, CompuB, PC World, HMVs that sell Apple stuff and other places...

You should also note that certain apps (SkyGo I think for example) block the TV output and won't allow you to view content on the TV. And if you want to "mirror" the actual iPhone interface, you need an iPhone 4S or be jailbroken.

Thanks for the help.

I've an i-phone 4 what will I be able to send to my TV then with that cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

if i get this lead, can i play apps through my tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I've an i-phone 4 what will I be able to send to my TV then with that cable?

Most video playing apps support TV out at 720p - e.g Plex, GoodPlayer, etc. Some games do (like Real Racing 2), other apps like SlingPlayer - it entirely depends on the app. Like I said, some apps like SkyGo have artificial restrictions, so won't output.

If you jailbreak the phone (very easy with an iPhone 4 TBH), you can buy an app from Cydia called DisplayOut, which will let you mirror the entire interface of the phone, so pretty much everything will display on the TV.
    kayevajo wrote: »
    if i get this lead, can i play apps through my tv?

If you have an iPad 2 or iPhone 4S, for the most part, yes, everything will mirror on the TV (except for the apps that artificially restrict this like SkyGo mentioned above).

If you have an iPad or iPhone 4, jailbreaking and using DisplayOut is probably your best option, as mentioned above and will let you mirror pretty much everything you see on your device.

If you have an older iPhone or iPod Touch, the HDMI adapter will simply not work...

Advertisement