Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ReReg query.

Options
  • 09-02-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,424 ✭✭✭✭

What's the procedure for reporting a re-reg account and what is the action take?

I ask because I recently learnt of one where only the second account was banned, the first is still active. Should the second not be banned as well?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

You should PM an admin. Gordon and another.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

If you report the post, as you would any other post, it will get to us.

Though sometimes, there are good reasons for not banning a re-reg account. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    If you report the post, as you would any other post, it will get to us.

Though sometimes, there are good reasons for not banning a re-reg account. ;)

Such as?

I have suspicions of a repeatedly banned user having multiple re-regs operating in one forum. I do report ones where it it looks pretty obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,424 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I reported it, but I was just curious to know what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

To be honest, I don't want to give away too much. But suffice to say all reported posts are looked at and when mods are either told, or suspect a re-reg, they ask the admins to look into it and we act accordingly.

There are occasions we cannot conclusively prove an account is a re-reg, in these cases we don't take action. We have to strike a balance between mass-bannings and giving people the benefit of the doubt. We have gotten it wrong on occasions before, especially in the case of people sharing accommodation.

• Advertisement

No worries, I understnad, thanks.

Frogot to add: you can mark this as resolved - I'm sure I can do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement