Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quorn Takeaway Pizza!

Options
  • 09-02-2012 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Just to let everyone know if you haven't already spotted it, Four Star Pizza are now offering pizzas with a quorn alternative and also have quorn dippers as a side!

We're dying to try these, will let you know what the verdict is when we do!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

About fekkin time too!
    If I could get quorn dishes in a restaurant, I'd probably never cook (well, char) again!
    Why don't they have quorn dishes in indian restaurants, I wonder? Anyhow, that's great news - thanks again for posting!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

oooh nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

I'm normally a Dominos head but will have to give this a go :D

Thanks Linguo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

We're Dominos heads as well but nice to give something else a try!

Good to see somewhere branching out and using quorn too, hope it's yummy!:D

I agree I'd like to see more restaurants use Quorn, Odessa on Exchequer St. do quorn quesadillas!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

There's a cafe in Lucan village that uses quorn sausages in the vegetarian breakfast. Thanks for the update on Odessa - might take someone for nibbles in there soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

odessa is lovely, would recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

odessa is lovely, would recommend!

Seconded.

There's a cafe in Lucan village that uses quorn sausages in the vegetarian breakfast. Thanks for the update on Odessa - might take someone for nibbles in there soon :)

Ah brill we're in the area loads so must check it out! Thanks!:)

Odessa do a really yummy nut burger as well, not quorn but well worth trying!

Yeah I love it, well mostly the relish or w/e is on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Had one of the most unmemorable meals of my life in Odessa - I think one of my dogs could have cooked better!

Anyhow, that's good news on the pizza front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Maxthedm

I just got one of the Quorn pizzas and Quorn dippers tonight. But they actually sent me chicken dippers... Sent me the right order after we rang em up. I thought they were quite nice =)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Oh, that's great news, thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely give this a try this weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

Even though I won't be eating any of these products (as I'm vegan), this is very positive news. It's great to see that meat alternatives have become so mainstream over the past few years. Now if they'd just get the finger out and start doing soy cheese pizzas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Maxthedm wrote: »
    I just got one of the Quorn pizzas and Quorn dippers tonight. But they actually sent me chicken dippers... Sent me the right order after we rang em up. I thought they were quite nice =)

Eeeek! A pity to hear about the mix up.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Got these on Saturday. Interesting I suppose. A little bit disappointed in the dippers - I would have preferred to just order a couple of dips and make some of the dippers myself :D

Though it's good on the nutrition front, they appear to oven bake the dippers rather than deep fry them (as they would with chicken dippers), so they're exceptionally low-cal if anyone's looking for that kind of thing.

We had a total blowout with this last night, was good!

The dippers are just the nuggets so a total rip off at €6 for half what you get in the normal pack but were tasty!

The pizza was nice, the quorn is seasoned and finely diced over the pizza, was a good feed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Looking Glass

Ah this is fantastic! Have never ordered from there before, but I think I'll just have to now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

apache fo life :P

It's nice to see the meat alternatives creeping in, also noticed the quorn stuff in odessa. Can't say I'd be too bothered myself, sometimes throw on some quorn pieces onto a frozen pizza myself. I would like to see more places offering it in their breakfasts, that would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

--LOS-- wrote: »
    apache fo life :P

It's nice to see the meat alternatives creeping in, also noticed the quorn stuff in odessa. Can't say I'd be too bothered myself, sometimes throw on some quorn pieces onto a frozen pizza myself. I would like to see more places offering it in their breakfasts, that would be amazing.

I'd love that! The amount of times i'd get toast and Jam / croissant, where i'd happily get a quorn 'fry'.

Munchies do/did their own veggie sausages ( granted i know they prob don't make them, but they brand them as their own ) Can't think of anywhere else though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Munchies do/did their own veggie sausages ( granted i know they prob don't make them, but they brand them as their own ) Can't think of anywhere else though.

They never have them. Never. The staff just stare at you as if you just ordered a 3 piece suite. It's become a running joke with some of us but actually it's not funny at all.
    I did email them (years ago now) about it and mentioned they were storing cheese directly on top of cold meats while I was at it. They never replied. I rarely go there anymore.

• Advertisement
Advertisement