Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Call me back" Technology

Options
  • 09-02-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I've been looking into this for a while and have failed to find a good solution but one must exist?...

I'm looking for a way that a customer can arrange for a call back from a business in real time. So, maybe they click a button online or send an sms but then something needs to happen in the office where I work that prompts an immediate call back from us.

I've been Googling things like 'sms solutions' etc but can't find anything. I have the following tools at my disposal: landline, mobile, pc, wireless network.

Ideally, I want someone with no call credit to still be able to contact the business. I am also looking into a free phone number but would prefer something else.

I have a domain purchased for the business but no website.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If you don't want to setup any new system I suggest you try:
    CallOnClick.com

As far as I can see, you get a HTML code to embed into your website.

However, I suggest you setup a phone system on a spare computer your not using, you will need a VOIP provider such as blueface.ie and a broadband connection. More information on callback from a phone system is here:
    http://www.freepbx.org/support/documentation/module-documentation/callback

I recommend you google 'Callback', 'Callback for website' and 'Callback providers'. Callback also means communication between servers and computers etc, just ignore that obviously.

If you have any questions, feelfree to ask.

Dantonio wrote: »
    I want someone with no call credit to still be able to contact the business. I am also looking into a free phone number but would prefer something else.

I have a domain purchased for the business but no website.

For 1800 freephone they are managed by eircom directly, but you can obtain freephone numbers from many different telcos.

Try: tollfreeforwarding.com, blueface, bt ireland, eircom and bt ireland business.

Re the domain, in order to have a website up you need hosting, either shared, vps etc or self hosted.
    Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

If the business is local,then a 1800 number makes sense !
    Do not over complicate things,as sometime,they will come back 'free of charge' aka FOC ... against you !

I have a 1800 as my main number,followed by mobile.
    I use to advertised it as ,let's say 1800 ROLION .Got calls asking what number is ... rolion !!!

So,1800 is nationwide recognised.You can block /allow calls only from certain origins ( dublin,cork,galway or nationwide,with or without mobile networks).

Also,some add-ons allows you to have realtime chat on your web site,tells you when the business agent is online or offline ! That may work for you,but i reckon is only for chat,typing on keyboard,no audio/video!

Good luck...

While I agree with the last poster, I feel it is necessary to have a geographic number for phone and another one for fax.

Customers want simplicity:
    1x main phone
    1x main fax only
    1x freephone

I don't think a mobile number is very professional to publish. If you don't want to pay eircom for a landline number you could try goldfish.ie or blueface.ie, they are a lot cheaper for outbound calls as well.

So to recap, I personally would have a main phone and a fax line published. None of these 1890 1850s nonsense, if you need to show a national service then go with 18xx but if you want to be local, use a geographic number.

My 2 cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I'm not sure that there's much advantage to 1800 or 1850 anymore. The majority of people have free calls to all landlines anyway on their landline (and probably their mobile in many cases) and you only end up costing yourself money when people call from mobiles.

1800 just adds a lot of unnecessary complications in my opinion anyway, unless you're running a call centre or something and need to be able to route calls to multiple locations etc

You can also purchase memorable landline numbers from most providers if you ask.

• Advertisement
Advertisement