Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding What a head ache

• 09-02-2012 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I've spent most of the day trying to P/F on a netgear n150 router. Does anyone know of an off the shelf router that will port forward as I can not get the ports to open.

Head Wrecked :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Zebra wrote: »
    I've spent most of the day trying to P/F on a netgear n150 router. Does anyone know of an off the shelf router that will port forward as I can not get the ports to open.

Head Wrecked :confused::confused::confused:

What ports are you trying to forward? Netgears are usually quite good at configuring. Also will move this to the broadband forum, where you'll likely get a better response.

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Zebra

Thanks Nick,

I'm trying to forward to a COP DVR on ports 80 for web access and port 9000 for mobile access. I have enabled NAT and port forwared to the DVR 192.168.1.100. but i can not connect, when i use the port check on Ping.eu its telling me they are still closed.

I have set up port forwarding on my own Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 router, but my friends one is a netgear.

He is willing to upgrade it to a new router, as long as i know port forwarding will work on it..

thanks for the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Zebra

Thanks CptSternn.
    Google is my best friend everything i do is Google this Google that :):)
    But I have set up port forwarding already at home and its working perfect for me.
    My problem is that I fit CCTV cameras and my customers want to be able to access the DVR from anywhere. At the moment I have 3 customers looking for this feature.
    1 on IFA broadband,
    1 on Eircom and the other on DigiWeb sat, all with different routers and different functions. I would like to find an off the shelf router that will do what it says on the tin" Port Forward". because the netgear I spent 4 Hrs on yesterday has all the options and boxes but just won't do the job :confused:
    And its not like working at home, I cant spent a full day or 2 in a customers house testing and messing with different settings and routers. As they look at you with a blank face when you say Port Forwarding still isn't working...

So if there is anyone out there that has done port forwarding or knows of another way around this problem I would be grateful for your advise.

Zebra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

What broadband are you trying to set it up on. And have you set up bridging on the modem. If not then you are double NATing and you would have to either set up NAT tunnels on both or preferably bridge the modem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

there may not be a quick and easy solution.

all modems/routers should be able to port forward, on some you might have to change additional settings. for example on the eircom modems you can set up port forwarding but if you dont also lower the modem's firewall it wont work.

as Knasher mentioned if you are using a seperate modem and router the modem may need to be set to bridge mode and the router allowed to do the port forwarding

Advertisement