Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodak not refunding

Options
  • 09-02-2012 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hello all!

Back around the 20th November, I made an order from Kodak Gallery for a few small prints and a large canvas. They were an intended Christmas present, and I made sure to order them with plenty of time for spare.

I subsequently received the small prints, but after 2 weeks of waiting, I never received the canvas. So I rang them and they said that they posted it through the Royal Mail and apparently I had put my address down incorrectly. I told them I had not, and the very fact that I received my smaller prints was proof of that fact. They apologised and agreed to re-send it. It still didn't arrive, and as Christmas was quickly approaching, I started to worry about whether this is going to arrive on time. So, 2 days before Christmas I ring them for the 7th time(bearing in mind I am put through to South Africa each time, which isn't too healthy for the phone bill). Anyway, I'm told that they had sent 2 out and I should receive them, but if I don't, they will give me a full refund when I ring on the 27th December.

Of course, they don't arrive. I ring up on the 27th requesting a refund. I subsequently get an e-mail aking me to ring up with my credit card details because I had since got my credit card renewed. To cut a long story short, I had to ring up 3 times and give my card details each time, ending with them telling me that I will have to send proof that I actually paid for my order.

At this stage I am getting very angry, but I take a picture of my statement and send it to them via e-mail. Incredibly, I get another e-mail saying I have to ring up and confirm my card details again!! So, I ring up and tell the agent exactly what I think of their company and 'service' they're providing, and when I go to give my credit card details, the man says 'hold on a second, I just need to find a pen!' I ask him 'Are you seriously going to write my card details down on a sheet of paper?' He says that their system is down. I ring later on and manage to give my card details safely.

In total, I have rung them at the very least 20 times. I have since sent them a number of e-mails telling them has my refund processed, to which I receive the reply of 'we have received no response from the billing department.'

I sent in my request for a refund around the 17th of January.

I am so frustrated. What do I do? They just keep blowing me off!!:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

tell your credit card company to do a charge-back for the missing items as you have not received them! do this now as it appears the company are wasting time and you only have a certain window to do a charge-back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Unless the number starts with 0027 you aren't paying for a call to SA. What you're charged is based on what you dial, it doesn't matter if the company decides to route the call out of the country after that. foggy_lad's advice is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

kodak are gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Tigger wrote: »
    kodak are gone?
    I think they are just in examinership or Chapter 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Medicine333

I am honestly ready to crack up. Thank you for your replies, and I am now going to proceed with a charge-back on their account. I just received this:

Dear ****** ********,

We are writing to you in regards to your refund request.

Kindly be advise that your refund was not approved because according to our billing department your credit card has expired on Nov 2011.
    In order for the billing department to approve and process your refund of 59.95 €, we need some details from you.

Kindly contact our line +4402030241503 with the following information :

Account Holder
    Account Number
    Bank Name
    Bank Address (Postale Code and City)

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us, referencing your Order ID if applicable.

Yours Sincerely,

Juanita

The KODAK Gallery

As I told ye, I gave my details to them at least 3 times. I am actually livid right now! Their lines are closed til Monday so can't ring til then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

I am honestly ready to crack up. Thank you for your replies, and I am now going to proceed with a charge-back on their account. I just received this:

Dear ****** ********,

We are writing to you in regards to your refund request.

Kindly be advise that your refund was not approved because according to our billing department your credit card has expired on Nov 2011.
    In order for the billing department to approve and process your refund of 59.95 €, we need some details from you.

Kindly contact our line +4402030241503 with the following information :

Account Holder
    Account Number
    Bank Name
    Bank Address (Postale Code and City)

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us, referencing your Order ID if applicable.

Yours Sincerely,

Juanita

The KODAK Gallery

As I told ye, I gave my details to them at least 3 times. I am actually livid right now! Their lines are closed til Monday so can't ring til then!

Medicine

I am NO expert, but i would SERIOUSLY hesitate on following this email through - soon as I see a spelling mistake (postale), I really shirk at giving details.

I am certain there is someone who is more qualified than me on this matter.

GOOD LUCK!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Medicine

I am NO expert, but i would SERIOUSLY hesitate on following this email through - soon as I see a spelling mistake (postale), I really shirk at giving details.

I am certain there is someone who is more qualified than me on this matter.

GOOD LUCK!!!
    Good spot, number seems to check out though.

Good spot, number seems to check out though.

On the contrary Avalanche - I trade internationally, and any correspondance I have ever had with someone/business in another country ALWAYS put's a bracket around the '0' that's to be dropped when dialling from outside.

Either this IS a scam, or shocking secretary work on someone's part. As I said, I'm no expert, but I would be very hesitant about furnishing any personal details here.

On the contrary Avalanche - I trade internationally, and any correspondance I have ever had with someone/business in another country ALWAYS put's a bracket around the '0' that's to be dropped when dialling from outside.

Either this IS a scam, or shocking secretary work on someone's part. As I said, I'm no expert, but I would be very hesitant about furnishing any personal details here.
    With calls been routed to Africa I'd say it's a dodgy secretary, a whois for the site...
    Domain name:
    kodakgallery.co.uk

Registrant:
    Sean Malone

Registrant type:
    Unknown

Registrant's address:
    P.O. Box 25,
    Garden Valley
    CA
    United States
    though has it registered to an individual with a PO BOX address:confused:, it's not what I would have expected at all with the site name. Unless recommended by someone I wouldn't have used them myself.

But, I ordered off Kodak Gallery. It's a major website, looks completely legit.

Are they scamming me!?!? I thought it was Kodak-surely it is!?!?!?

• Advertisement

But, I ordered off Kodak Gallery. It's a major website, looks completely legit.

Are they scamming me!?!? I thought it was Kodak-surely it is!?!?!?

Medicine

I really don't know what to say. As i said above, I found 2 elementary mistakes that would make me VERY wary of giving any bank details on this matter.

I am sorry if I am causing confusion to You, but a spelling mistake AND an error in listing the phone number does not 'sound' like a reputable company to me.

Hopefully, there is someone here who can advise You better.

Best of luck and please keep us informed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

secretarial. The email is pidgin English at best and the "Kodak Gallery" may well be a Franchised operation set up by the bould Sean.

I'm seriously worried now. This is the website:

I did receive part of my order though. I'm ringing them tomorrow-any tips?!

^^^Sorry, had to edit out e-mail address- here it is:

kodakgallery.eu.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Jesus guys. Kodak Gallery is not a scam and that site is easily verified as being the Kodak Gallery. None of this even matters if you've taken the suggestion of contacting your bank for a chargeback.

edit to say, I wouldn't give them the details they're requesting. If your card has expired in the meantime then give them the new card info.

I rang them up, told them exactly what I think about them, and they said the only way they can refund is if I give them my bank account number.
    I refused.

Is this a normal request?

How did this pan out after?

Advertisement