Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice riding recommendations? Dublin

Options
  • 09-02-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi there,

Just getting into riding and my OH is taking it back up atm.

Trying to make something up to her and would love to treat her to a nice ride out or something in Dublin.

Can anyone recommend anything really nice in Dublin?

I'll take her anywhere around too.

Reasonably priced would be best.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

http://www.belairhotelequestrian.com/Weekly_Riding_Timetable.html

Would really recommend this place; they don't take complete novices but if you can canter and jump to some degree their horses are wonderful really know their job! They have fantastic cross country on site, and they do 1 and 2 hour cross country ride out, €40/€70. Was treated to this by a friend recently enough, and generally I'm very iffy about riding anything but my own horse, especially outside, but the horses were absolute gems, came back knackered and beaming my head off! Also its very cute, Bel-Air hotel has a lovely "Horse-rider's bar" for afterwards that does great food and just finishes off the whole thing really nicely. Lovely way to spend a morning, and there's a lot more atmosphere to it than you'd get with any other place I've been to. Can't recommend it highly enough especially as a suprise gift for an OH!

If you're not keen on cross-country, they do lessons as well, and I think their horses are ideal for people getting back into riding.

Its just out Ashford direction on the M50, near Boswell equestrian; takes about 25-30 mins to get there from Dundrum area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rdo

http://www.paddocks.ie

The paddocks is great, really handy for Dublin, takes all levels, even get a glass of wine afterwards so makes for a great day out!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭KDII

hey thanks for the ideas.

i see the paddocks have a good deal with groupon might get that one and il definitely bring her down to bel air looks gorgeous! might wait til I'm able to canter and jump first to get the most out of it!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

www.annaharveyfarm.com

My first experience on a horse was there, superb hacking and the guides are so helpful

Advertisement