Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a Fleischmann engine, but no track

Options
  • 09-02-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hello, would appreciate any advice on the following.

My Dad (not a computer user) is interested in model trains. I'm not.

He is looking for my help to get some track 'HO' gauge for his Fleischmann engine.

This is proving trickier than I would have thought. I have been through the 'sticky' in this section and all the links to various suppliers.

It was difficult to find HO track for sale on those sites, and even small sections seem like crazy prices?

Nothing on ebay.

Anywhere I might pick up some 2nd hand track?

Perhaps a better plan is to sell the Fleischmann engine and get a different engine that will fit one of his existing sets?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

OO is the same as HO for track. Indeed all OO track is the correct scale for HO and not for OO!

Hornby, Bachmann, Peco, etc all produce suitable track. ehattons.com is a good place to get stuff, or there are a few bricks and mortar shops around the country if you prefer, where abouts are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

i know this isn't adverts but i have in the region of 30 feet of HO gauge track here and with various curves etc everything needed to power it.

if your stuck drop me a pm and i'd happily sort you out, its merely in my way and i'd readily be shut of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

If it's an older model with big flanges (that's wheel flanges!) you may need to get code 100 track and avoid code 80 or lower, the code number refers to the height of the rails. As already mentioned, OO actually uses the same track as H0 and OO is by far the most popular gauge in Ireland/UK so availability is absolutely not a problem.

Advertisement