Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Limit on Portarlington Road

• 09-02-2012 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Just wondering when or if the speed limit has changed on the Portarlington Rd out of Tullamore has changed.

I passed by one 100km sign and wondered if it was a joke!

I drive the road everyday and just noticed the sign this evening, the speed vans on the other hand haven't been there for about 2 weeks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

I think it changed last week.. no formal announcement anywhere though unless i missed it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Yes I noticed this today, From Tullamore amost to the Ballingar/Daingean/Edenderry is now 100Km/h.

Goes down to 80 again just before the right turn for Killeigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭medoc

I remember seeing it in the paper ages ago that the council were looking for public opinions on the proposal. There has been a lot about stupid high speed limits on small lanes and roads but there are also plenty of examples like above of a speed limit been set too low. A speed limit should be set for the road's condition and traffic levels not by the designation eg N or R.

Also I hope they raise the limit on the wide section between Geashill and the railway bridge before Clonygowan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alphanumeric

medoc wrote: »

Also I hope they raise the limit on the wide section between Geashill and the railway bridge before Clonygowan.

With any luck this will be review too.

Saying that the two lunitics that were off their heads in the middle of the road yesterday outside Geashill will look for the limit to be dropped! Lucky they werent hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

About time this was upped to 100km, all the crappy little narrow side roads off it are 80km and then you get onto a big wide straight main road and same speed limit!

• Advertisement
Advertisement