Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revolution [NBC - US] [* Spoilers *]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great episode and a fitting end to the season. It got a major shot in the arm since the break and that carried it through to the end. I assumed that it would end with someone pressing a button, and I'm so happy that it carried on for 5 minutes after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The safest place for the president was Guantanamo bay?? I would think that if the power went out the Cubans would have been able to take back that base eventually.

I don't think I would have rated this show if it came out 10 years ago but with little good scifi out there I'll stick around for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The safest place for the president was Guantanamo bay?? I would think that if the power went out the Cubans would have been able to take back that base eventually.
    Without Russian backing, Cuba isn't that strong. True, it has started getting Chinese backing, and has some subs from North Korea, but without electricity, they won't be of much use.

=-=

I enjoyed the ending, but unsure if the ICBMs will turn out to be nuclear, or not. I'm guessing not, as otherwise that section of story would be stopped.

=-=

As for power, I'm guessing when the nuclear power stations went off, they either blew up, or went off. Power comes back on, and suddenly they come back on. Same with hydro dams. I expect some of these power stations to fail with catastrophic results, though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fa4ll0ut

I have just starting watching this and I am halfway through the first season. I think its really good and would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

VinLieger wrote: »
    Well considering everything just switched off theres probably still alot of power plants basically in a standby mode so when the nano tech turned off it was allowed operate again, now that does mean most of these places are unmanned and not automated so will likely be shutting down/exploding quite soon after being turned on and i doubt theres enough people left aropund with the precise knowledge to operate them.
    However this is revolution, the current king of ****ty unexplained psuedo science, so i expect absolutely no explanation whatsoever
    If there's no power draw on stations they tend to shut down automatically to prevent any problems. Once they're shut down for a few years there's likely to be too much corrosion for them to start back up again without a massive overhaul.

I've been waiting for them to say something like the nano thingies are reversing their power draw and that's where the power is coming from, not internal batteries or the grid. But even then how does a nano sized bot hold onto any significant amounts of electricity?
    the_syco wrote: »
    Without Russian backing, Cuba isn't that strong. True, it has started getting Chinese backing, and has some subs from North Korea, but without electricity, they won't be of much use.
    Cuba would probably fare quite well in a black out like this. Due to the sanctions against them they've been making do with 1950's technology and are great at reengineering. I'd say of all the countries in the region the Cubans would be well able to work around the problem.

A much improved show, there are still some huge plot holes but they have it moving along at such a pace now that you're distracted from them long enough to enjoy the show. Great cliffhanger too, whatever happens they've opened up so many plot directions it could be a completely different show next season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

didnt realize it has been renewed for 4 seasons, sweet:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

don ramo wrote: »
    didnt realize it has been renewed for 4 seasons, sweet:D:D:D

:o i meant 4 episodes...this show will be cancelled next season! :pac:

:o i meant 4 episodes...this show will be cancelled next season! :pac:
    you said the same this season;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Second season started last night.
    So they went ahead and nuked Atlanta and Philly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Oh god its back! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Nope not happening. Its been a long time since I gave up on a series, I even watched heroes to the death! I'll check back in a few weeks and see whats happening and if people are raving about it I might consider watching it?

Nope not happening. Its been a long time since I gave up on a series, I even watched heroes to the death! I'll check back in a few weeks and see whats happening and if people are raving about it I might consider watching it?

Yeah same.. I even kept it going with The Cape. I need to go outside more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ha, New Vegas!

Post the fallout from Philly and Atlanta :D
    Oh no, not Aaron

da fuqat the end? what crazyness have they seen. i presume it was the nanobots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

kaimera wrote: »
    da fuqat the end?

I genuinely came here to post that exact same thing. I don't know wtf I just watched, but it seems that there is a new supernatural element to the show?

PS: I think you spoilered the wrong part... the
    Aaron
    is way more spoilery than what you covered.

I genuinely came here to post that exact same thing. I don't know wtf I just watched, but it seems that there is a new supernatural element to the show?

PS: I think you spoilered the wrong part... the
    Aaron
    is way more spoilery than what you covered.
    Well tbf, the thread title has spoilers so don't really need to spoiler stuff right?

MMhh I'm not sure given the ending!

The show has really gotten better, not sure if it's the more matureness of the action or whatever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

As an aside, a bluegrass version of Crazy Train, hell yeah

P_1 wrote: »
    As an aside, a bluegrass version of Crazy Train, hell yeah
    That reminds me, did anyone else feel the music thing popping up so many times felt a bit odd... idk like out of place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I actually thought it was good,depends on what they do with it now. Great idea to actually go ahead with nuking the two cities and having the President come back to play the hero. I hope the person they cast for him is decent.

They have set up potentially interesting storylines, hopefully the can do them well. Aaron at the end was a bit mad,but obviously hints that they did something to the nanites when they turned the power on and off.

Not gone on Monroe being some fighter bum, just kill him off,Charlie as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I actually thought it was good,depends on what they do with it now. Great idea to actually go ahead with nuking the two cities and having the President come back to play the hero. I hope the person they cast for him is decent.

They have set up potentially interesting storylines, hopefully the can do them well. Aaron at the end was a bit mad,but obviously hints that they did something to the nanites when they turned the power on and off.

Not gone on Monroe being some fighter bum, just kill him off,Charlie as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Anyone remember what the did with the capsule that Charlies brother had in him before he died, to counteract some illness. Just wonderin if it mighta been part of Aaron, but guessin the firefly thingys :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder if they tried turning the power back on. Since they turned it off to try and stop the nukes.

And wonder if the guys who took "Jimmy" are the same guys who have "Stu", though I doubt it unless Charlie didn't go far in the time after she left.

Thought was a really good return. The death was a real surprise. And enjoyed the humour like the David schwimmer bit. Makes me wonder what happened the other Friends.

e02

Hmm..all the things dead at the end.

No sign of any birds tho.

I'm interested enough to keep watching, see how it plays out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If ever a programme started off as pretty Meh and turned round into very very good it's Revolution.

Second season is 10 times better than the first, loving how they've turned the Monroe character around and lookign forward to him and Myles teaming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

I have to agree. This season is far far better than the previous one. It finally seems to have found its feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is it any good now?
    I stopped watching after s02e01 because they spent the whole of the first season trying to rescue the brother only to have him killed off in the first episode of season 2!!!
    Bah!

Skerries wrote: »
    is it any good now?
    I stopped watching after s02e01 because they spent the whole of the first season trying to rescue the brother only to have him killed off in the first episode of season 2!!!
    Bah!

That was midseason.

And while others will say its better, and it is (if only marginally), I still find most scenes fairly boring & the dialogue poor & repetitive.

Skerries wrote: »
    is it any good now?
    Bah!

I thought that was a good idea, that kid was so annoying. I'm on the side that thinks Revolution season 2 is a huge improvement on season 1. As the other post wrote, you're only mid-season so i'd skip ahead to the last two episodes of season 1 as the other episodes before you are bad.

The firefly vision and immolation thing is feeling really shark jumpy.

• Advertisement

I hate Rachel.

Hated her in Lost, hate her more in this. She has 0 acting ability as far as I'm concerned, the same 2 facial expressions. aww gawd!

Oh no Bass! Shame, better char to have in the show.

I'm still watching, still interested to see where it's going.

you just knew Rachel wouldn't kill Monroe, despite it all she knows that they will need him, willougby is more or less an interment camp for the lot of them, i assume Aaron will attempt to leave next week, and won't be allowed to,

Ive only caught up with it, its been interesting enough, i don't like that they've turned Rachel into a wreak, and the firefly thing i think is a hard sell, but other than that im enjoying it, the Neville storyline is holding my interest the most, it will be interesting to see the scale of the US recruiting scheme, they turned Jason into a killing machine fairly fast, also you think Neville would have asked yerone who these people actually are,

i dont get whats up with the power, it seems like its now working, but noone seems to have any, which i would say is down to all the power plants being completely ****ed, but you would think someone would have rigged something up at this point, some solar panels or a wheel on a river, there should be the odd car also you would think, didnt that place charlie went to find monroe have music playing,

Interesting episode this week. A return character I didn't expect with a very interesting connection. Other than that it was fairly ok.

One of the things I find most annoying this season is the cheesy music they keep playing as though it is 'live' in the background. Acceptable in some places but random and unexplainable in others.

Very Lost-esque episode this week. Enjoyable and the nods to the Matrix (both in terms of story and them actually saying it) are interesting. I wonder how not fixing the code would have impacted the remainder of the show; dying tech and restored power could have been a really interesting reboot if they decided to go that direction. Not sure how I feel about the whole thing and where we go from here.

"You reject skynet piece of crap" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Ahhhhh its grand

Latest episode was interesting. As much as I'd hoped that they would kill off the 'reject skynet piece of crap' (you know, just for something different) it was obvious that it wasn't going to happen.

In saying that, I do like the fact that there are 2 different (yet connected) story lines happening. You've got the nano-tech/power story, and also the small problem of the patriots. I am actually enjoying this season very much; much more so than the first season. Be interesting to see where it goes from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This show has shown in the past it has no problems shifting tone and changing direction. They did it quite severely in season one when it stepped away from the "weekly adventure to save the kid" type show and became something darker.

So I'm a little disappointed they didn't kill the "nano" in the end. The opportunity was there to be daring and bring the power back permanently and try some new story lines......and they didn't take it. Oh well.

Good episode this week. Interesting developments... It is going to be interesting to see what happens when the common purpose is accomplished.

any chance this could get a third season? weirdly entertaining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

reading between the lines....a clear sign the show will be cancelled, imo.........

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/03/21/nbc-pre-eempting-revolution-for-law-order-svu-repeat-on-april-9/246942/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

any chance this could get a third season? weirdly entertaining

Cancelled by NBC

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/revolution-cancelled-nbc/

• Advertisement

Not sure what to do with this now. No chance of a pickup elsewhere so no point in seeing the cliffhanger they have planned that will never be resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Not sure what to do with this now. No chance of a pickup elsewhere so no point in seeing the cliffhanger they have planned that will never be resolved

I know. Ah I'm just going to watch it and then imagine what happens next myself :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

Why is there no chance of a pick up elsewhere. i can imagine production costs are quite high tbf

smilerf wrote: »
    Why is there no chance of a pick up elsewhere. i can imagine production costs are quite high tbf

Yep. Plus it's not good enough, simple as. If Warner Bros. still had a network, maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Well the cancellation wasn't exactly a surprise so hopefully they will have been prepared for it and we'll get a proper ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

well watched last episode last night...and they set it all up for season 3...and that was it... Episode was ok though...
    nice catch on President of Patriots, but guess hes going to get free and become more of a threat
    ...actually prob not as its now over...

On another similar note..I bought the book of flashforward the other day just to find out how it finished (also cancelled unfinished)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Is there any chance of this being picked up by another network?

I may be on my own but really enjoyed this show some brilliant characters nice plot twists and entertaining.

Far better than Blacklist which somehow seems to have now been renewed for a 3rd season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I thought the show was enjoyable, not the best acting and the writing got repetitive at times but it was good. I think they wasted the original premise they had, but the direction it went with the patriots was pretty good.

I think they did a good job at tying things up pretty quickly for the finale whilst still leaving another plot open in case they get another season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

With the nano storyline being my least favorite from this season I am quite happy for the show to be left finished as is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I was really disappointed when I realized this was cancelled. It was all set up for a 3rd season.

I'd love a spin off show - Miles and Monroe wise-cracking their way through the post-apocalyptic universe! The female characters were weak but The Patriot storyline had resonances for today.

This is the 3rd show (FlashForward & The Event) I've invested in for it to be cancelled. Very annoying.

Advertisement