If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Speaker Set - Monitor Audio Radius?

Options
  • 09-02-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am hating myself for having to write this but...
    I've got a fantastic pair of Mission M70's (Beech) and Monitor Audio Baby Satellite Rears (Black). But I moved house, did a bit of renovation, and then wired the new Living Room for Surround Sound.

However - and after some tough negotiations, the boss (herself!) has insisted that she doesn't mind what speakers I put up - as long as they are White!!! My beautiful Missions and Monitors are not going back on the walls.

I wanted to see what you'd recommend as a mid-range option to replace my present set (which I'm open to offers on!). I saw the following come in Piano Lacquer white - was wondering how you rate them and if there was a good price on these?
    Monitor Audio Radius 90HD Pair
    Monitor Audio Radius 45HD pair

Alternatively, if you think you've got something else in White - am open to suggestions? Budget is tight after the work on house, but can stretch if you've got an amazing deal!!!

Thanks,

Rob

PS - Am horrified I am even having to write this
    :o

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Chief,

Thanks for getting in touch. :)

Nightmare on the old speakers. :( White seems to be the new black now. But here, you've made an excellent choice. I think you'll both be very happy with the Radius.

Our price for the 45HDs is £169.95 per pair.
    Our price for the 90HDs is £279.95 per pair.

And delivery to anywhere in Ireland would be £12.99 on next working day. :)

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Just sticking my nose in here where it doesn't belong..

There is also the option of the Boston Soundware XS 5.1 Se pack - that comes in White as well.

It did retail (as 5 star reviewed on the link above) at £350 - we have it available in white at just £269.95 and it comes in pure white including all the brackets 'n all - the boss would love you!

Alternatively if you needed a bit more depth we could do the Monitor Audio Vector's in white - we sell these at:

V20 Centre White: £89.95
    V10 Satellites (pair) White: £129.95
    VW8 White Subwoofer: £169.95

If you are interested in either the Vectors or the Radius - just drop me a line and I'll do you a boardie pricing on a system no problem..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 13 chief robert

Just sticking my nose in here where it doesn't belong..

There is also the option of the Boston Soundware XS 5.1 Se pack - that comes in White as well.

It did retail (as 5 star reviewed on the link above) at £350 - we have it available in white at just £269.95 and it comes in pure white including all the brackets 'n all - the boss would love you!

Alternatively if you needed a bit more depth we could do the Monitor Audio Vector's in white - we sell these at:

V20 Centre White: £89.95
    V10 Satellites (pair) White: £129.95
    VW8 White Subwoofer: £169.95

If you are interested in either the Vectors or the Radius - just drop me a line and I'll do you a boardie pricing on a system no problem..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hey John,

Thanks for that suggestion. I've just read up on the Boston Acoustics Soundware XS5.1SE and it seems like a nice set alright. Most attractive about it is the price (especially after the work on the house here!)

I'm still drawn to the Monitor - both the Vectors and the Radius sets - ahead of the Boston Acoustics if I left price aside. Reason is I get the impression the BA are slightly flatter than both the Monitors - and as I'd like the additional dept you mentioned.

Just wondering if you had heard both the Vectors and the Radius - how would you compare?

And to price, maybe you could PM me with a Boardie price for
    4 x Monitor Audio Vector 10 Satellites
    1 x Monitor Audio Vector 20 Centre
    (all in White of course!!!)
    I'd have to leave the Woofer til another day unfortunately.

Thanks a million,

Rob

Just thinking here - what would the setup sound like if I were to use the Monitor Audio Radius 45HD's front and rear? How would you compare them to using the V10's as Front and Rear Satellites. Do they have enough "oomph"?

Thanks again,

Rob

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi chief robert.

Thanks for the order!! ;)

We will ship the order on Monday and it should arrive on Tuesday :)

If you need any help with the setup just drop us a line.

• Advertisement

Hi chief robert.

Thanks for the order!! ;)

We will ship the order on Monday and it should arrive on Tuesday :)

If you need any help with the setup just drop us a line.

???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

???

Hi Robert,

Looks like that was reply was posted on the wrong thread. :confused:

Apologies about that!

The 45s are no doubt a good speaker, personally I wouldn't use them for fronts, for rears they're perfect.

You'd get a lot more from the 90s as fronts, have that extra punch over the 45s.

Vectors are also a good option, quite popular for stereo speakers as well as home cinema.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Hi guys,

Apologies for the delay - and thanks for the different suggestions. Unfortunately the Monitor Radius, as my initial first choice, are just working out to be too dear for me at the moment with £450 for a pair or 45's and pair of 90's. Thats working out at €530 when I convert from £££.

The price for 4x V10's is much better. 2 pairs for V10 £260, is working out at just over the €300 mark. I saw the Dimensions (HxWxD) are 235 x 145 x 170, and I was hoping for something a little bit more discreet.

So I'm being drawn to the Boston Soundware XS 5.1 Se pack - that comes in White £269.95 (including all the brackets). They are discreet, great price, and so are ticking all the boxes. But I'm not sure they are going to work. The area I'm looking to work is approx 3.6m x 7m - the downs stairs is all open plan now after the renovations, So I am just a little concerned that they will struggle in that area?

I'm reading all the reviews between the Vectors and the Boston Soundware XS 5.1 Se pack. I've got Mission Centre already, so am just wondering if there is anything in between else at the Vector price level, in white, small and discreet, but with enough in them for the big room?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

Rob

Hi guys,

Apologies for the delay - and thanks for the different suggestions. Unfortunately the Monitor Radius, as my initial first choice, are just working out to be too dear for me at the moment with £450 for a pair or 45's and pair of 90's. Thats working out at €530 when I convert from £££.

The price for 4x V10's is much better. 2 pairs for V10 £260, is working out at just over the €300 mark. I saw the Dimensions (HxWxD) are 235 x 145 x 170, and I was hoping for something a little bit more discreet.

So I'm being drawn to the Boston Soundware XS 5.1 Se pack - that comes in White £269.95 (including all the brackets). They are discreet, great price, and so are ticking all the boxes. But I'm not sure they are going to work. The area I'm looking to work is approx 3.6m x 7m - the downs stairs is all open plan now after the renovations, So I am just a little concerned that they will struggle in that area?

I'm reading all the reviews between the Vectors and the Boston Soundware XS 5.1 Se pack. I've got Mission Centre already, so am just wondering if there is anything in between else at the Vector price level, in white, small and discreet, but with enough in them for the big room?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

Rob

I meant to include that I was reading the reviews of the Wharfedale DX1 HCP 5.1 Speaker Package and it looks quite good.
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/wharfedale-dx-1hcp

What do you guys think of this as an option against the BS and MA options?

Thanks again,

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Rob,

Thanks for getting in touch.

And apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

John has gave us a cracking price for 90s and a 250 centre both in white.

We can offer 2 pairs of Radius 90s for €430.00. We can do the 250HD for €274.93.

We've got the above in stock and ready to go.

Let me know what you think. :)

Chris

• Advertisement

Hi Chris,

PM sent! Thanks!

Rob

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.