Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Configuration error RTEPlayer since 4.10

• 09-02-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Since update 4.10 today I have been unable to run RTEplayer by either the shortcut on the TV videos services nor by opening it on the browser. I deleted the shortcut and reloaded it with no success. I'm using unblock-us DNS settings for Netflix USA if that might be a factor in the problem.

The RTE logo within the gold circle appears but then I get a message, application could not be loaded configuration error I click the ok prompt and you're left with a large black empty screen.

Anyone else having a similar problem, RTEplayer running grand on laptop so seems to be a PS3 problem.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

remove the unblock-us dns settings and see if rte player works. you can rule those in /out as the cause then.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dellWlan

Having no problems and what's more since they've updated the browser you can watch live rte 1,rte 2, tv3 etc... On aertv.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Random wrote: »
    remove the unblock-us dns settings and see if rte player works. you can rule those in /out as the cause then.

Had suspected that all right, but fear of losing the free unblock-us service has prevented me. Anyway went ahead and changed the settings back to all zeros after I had deleted the RTEplayer and BBCiplayer shortcuts. I restarted the PS3 downloaded both shortcuts again and thankfully the RTEplayer it back up and running still being asked for an e-mail address to access the BBCiplayer so as was before the update to 4.10
    dellWlan wrote: »
    Having no problems and what's more since they've updated the browser you can watch live rte 1,rte 2, tv3 etc... On aertv.ie

It this service geolocked I wonder must pass it on to friends overseas, thanks for that.

Advertisement