Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dole cheats that were caught

• 09-02-2012 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

a girl i know was recently found out to be claiming while working.

The inspector walked into the chinese she was working in and addressed her by name to which she answered "yeah?". long she story short got hit with €7000 euro repayment.

anyone know of others who have been caught on the fiddle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

joe stodge wrote: »

Gary Glitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

This guy was caught red handed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

The inspector walked into the chinese she was working in and addressed her by name to which she answered "yeah?". long she story short got hit with €7000 euro repayment.

There's not enough deterrence here for SW fraud - that's all it is, is repaying what you defrauded. no fines, no jail term, nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

*head explodes*

Sharon Shannon.

She's so blatent too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I thought this was about sacking adulterers :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

How much did you get for ratting her out, ye snitch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Know a lad who knows someone working in the dole office so he has no problems. Was going to black mail him but he said he could get me in on it. So that's what I'm going to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Nero. . .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

Sindri wrote: »
    Know a lad who knows someone working in the dole office so he has no problems. Was going to black mail him but he said he could get me in on it. So that's what I'm going to do.

:confused::confused::confused:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Sindri wrote: »

1. Confess to conspiracy to defraud the state.
    2. Get Caught.
    3. Continue to claim dole.
    4. ???
    5. PROFIT!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

All a big witch hunt. Back in the day you could collect your scratch in you curier gear and no one batted an eyelid..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

gamgsam wrote: »

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Am I reading this wrong or does it make no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

You need to hold a mirror to your screen ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Read it in reverse. Take a screenshot and flip it. Or a mirror if you have one handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Looks like the brief holiday we had from dole/social welfare related threads is now over.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

ROFL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

There's not enough deterrence here for SW fraud - that's all it is, is repaying what you defrauded. no fines, no jail term, nothing else.

I wouldn't like it, or see the point, off attaching a jail term, but there absolutely should be a fine set at a percentage of the amount you fraudulently claimed.

No point in taking someone out of a job and sticking them in prison when you can slave them up and make some cash on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'd hazard a guess that anyone caught and told to pay the money back never does, or pays it off over 150 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 walnut grove

If I had a number or knew what to do I'd have a field day with the revenue commissioners. I'd hang all around me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

dole cheats do exist,but what about the cheats up at the top,mary harney and the fas scandal,ivor callely,and ruari quinn,and a whole load of fianna fail members..

they only seem more active about persecuting those on the dole,a lot who dont want to be on the dole and are honest enough..

i seen fergal quinn has suggested MI5 style monitoring of welfare claimants,when certain keywords are used such as holiday or car,they are automatically looked up.

On welfare you are entitled to your ten days holiday each year,and you dont get funded for it,you scrimp and save ten euros every week for that break from your life on the dole worrying about how your going to make ends meet,not being able to afford to fix leaks in the house,or fix your teeth or whatever..

I know some people on the dole who have cars and keep them for 400 per year etc,and kept them from their working years..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

most of the dole cheats have left the country...........
    they will be back for signing day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

A lad I knew through others got caught during the boom. he was told to repay the amount claimed and that he was banned from claiming for awhile.

Not sure if the banning is actually done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

i know a woman down in limerick who was caught, had been claiming one parent. was found to have her name on a mortgage with her partner while she was saying she lived with her 3 kids and parents in a small 3 bed house.

she was brought in for questions and answers but she got onto willie o'dea who went in with her and she got off with it. still gets her full dole as her husband has now stated to work for cash in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chamone MF

long she story short got hit with €7000 euro repayment.

Shoryuken!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

RichieC wrote: »
    All a big witch hunt. Back in the day you could collect your scratch in you curier gear and no one batted an eyelid..

true for ya

i used to work for a company in blackrock (dublin) and this young lad started ,
    he asked can he sign while working , we all said ye no bother

next signing day he was seen at the counter having a argument with the women on the other side , whilst wearing a bib , radio and bag , covered in the company logo :eek:
    he was screaming that he was told he could work and sign :D

ah , and i just used to send the new young fellas for a long wait , or a skirting hammer , classic

but them where the days - sure painters and builders in work gear used to wander up and sign without a eye being blinked

the courier industry was particularly bad in this regard
    but in fairness the f2uckers wanted us to pay full stamp but get no health or sick benefits becasue the job was so dangerous and we would eventually end up in hospital :eek:

they soon saw sense - we stopped signing on - and stopped paying tax
    this kept them happy by all accounts - funny old country this !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

omahaid wrote: »
    You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

stop please - i now have a head ache :eek:

Advertisement