Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music/music industry contacts in Japan

Options
  • 09-02-2012 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I’m looking for a bit of a dig-out if possible.

I’m into music, with some releases coming up in the next while, and I’m trying to establish some contacts in Japan in anticipation of these.

The kind of contacts I’m interested in for starters would be as follows:

- Prominent (or not so prominent!) music bloggers that may be interested in submissions of new pop/rock/indie music
    - Prominent (or not so prominent!) radio stations, online or otherwise, that may be interested in submissions of new pop/rock/indie music
    - Blogs/video stations etc that may accept videos of new pop/rock/indie music
    - And lastly …if you don’t have any of these could you give me the contact details of anyone who might be able to?

I would greatly appreciate it.

It would be awesome to be big in Japan . But on a serious note, some of the music may be very suited to their tastes judging by what audiences over there seem to go for. It would be incredible to make any inroads and then maybe even do a show or 2 in the future (losing the run of myself there a bit but a man can dream…)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

http://www.interfm.co.jp/

Inter FM is a music radio station in Tokyo, broadcasting in English a lot of the time.

I have absolutely no idea how they choose the music they play, but you can click on the 'listen now' part of their site and see if they might be interested in your music.

Advertisement