Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know how to go about trademarking a logo

Options
  • 09-02-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

I tried to do this today but was totally thrown by the system they have in place

You have to specify what classification it's in and all classes i trawled through had no relevance to my business

Anybody know where to start

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

I put my logo under three classifications to make sure i had the right coverage. you might have to also.

They are very helpful if you call them.

I think its the patents office in killkenny. Quick google and you should find them.

Boggy

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

Thanks for reply

What classifications did you use?

I will give them a call in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

wine, food and something else. There was three anyway to give me the best cover. Worked out 70euro for each classification. Then there was a patent fee of 144 when it gets accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭usainbolt

I went through this process a few times and in my view it is better to get a uk or community trademark. Ireland is a country.

Advertisement