Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eve Hewson AKA Bono's kid

• 10-02-2012 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

i came across a recent interview she did and she sounds completely American

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQKPiZ7aRWo

what gives? Weren't they born and raised in Dublin? Thank god Saoirse didn't adopt the american twang, it's so pretentious.

She is very like her dad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 marienkaefer

It’s extremely annoying when Irish people pretend to be American.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭jackhammer

Give the girl a break! Some people subconsciously pick up the accents of their surroundings.

I had to work in Cork for a year and came out of it with a Cork twang. No one accused me of being pretentious. Took me another year to get rid of it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

jackhammer wrote: »
    Give the girl a break! Some people subconsciously pick up the accents of their surroundings.

I had to work in Cork for a year and came out of it with a Cork twang. No one accused me of being pretentious. Took me another year to get rid of it:D

What surroundings? They're from Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭jackhammer

Doesn't the family have an apt in New York? How do you know where she's been living for the last while.

What I'm saying is, regardless of where some people are raised, some people will pick up the accent of their current environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

She's only a kid ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

She's attending college in NYC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I already hate her.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

She's Bono's offspring, surely this explains it?

I know people who have spent years' in foreign countries and they still retain their Irish accent. Coneversely, I know some who have spent a few weeks or months abroad and when you hear them they have "adopted and cultivated" an accent. This is deliberate, not natural.

There is an article in the Sunday Independent Living section about her. Very attractive young girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

She's gone up in my estimation.:D

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/daughter-calls-bono-a-miser-543106.html
    Eve Hewson has branded her millionaire father Bono "a miser", according to the Mail on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/daughter-calls-bono-a-miser-543106.html#ixzz1p03DIRk5

ejmaztec wrote: »

Bono's best at spending other folks money.

Pity he doesn't spend it on cleaning himself up. He looks like a ****ing vagrant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭foodie66

Yeah, i really believe he doesn't give her any money :rolleyes:

Rich kids always say that as a means of justifying their lack of effort. I mean, what has she done? A small part in an independent Sean Penn film (daddy's friend) that apparently didn't do much business? That is keeping her going in while she is uni in NYC?

I hope she has a great career etc but i don't want to hear her sob story of having had to 'work'. I'd listen if she said she waitressed or worked in a clothes shop. Paul McCartney's son did that!

RE; the accent. It isn't even a few words, she is completely american now. That only happens if you want it to happen. She was 18/19 when she started living there. I lived away from home for 3 years at that age, and sure i picked up a few different intonations, but not like this.

Any way, no big deal unless she goes on the Late, Late and suddenly has her Irish accent back a la Catherine Zeta Jones!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

walshb wrote: »
    Bono's best at spending other folks money.

Pity he doesn't spend it on cleaning himself up. He looks like a ****ing vagrant.

No, he prefers telling people how to spend their money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

She's only a kid ffs.
    still would...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sidders

bonos kid
    an instant dislike

ejmaztec wrote: »
    No, he prefers telling people how to spend their money.

Exactly what I was trying to portray with my post:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I wonder how many courics she weighs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

foodie66 wrote: »
    i came across a recent interview she did and she sounds completely American

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQKPiZ7aRWo

what gives? Weren't they born and raised in Dublin? Thank god Saoirse didn't adopt the american twang, it's so pretentious.

She is very like her dad

:mad:

Advertisement