Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

commercial rates for sheds

Options
  • 10-02-2012 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

just wondering is everyone paying their commercial rates in the current climate. as they are very expensive .around 6 grand figure . or is there a way to reduce them. as i have sheds that i have to pay rates on but the money made out of the use of the sheds is less then the cost of the rates being paid.as the sheds are old they take a bit of maintainance every year too.
    im situated out in the countryside, and i use the sheds mainly for storing agri equipment. but im not a farmer. any ideas
    another part of it i use for a garage ,but hardly no customers.

as this country is so wet and damp its very important to keep equipment inside doors.
    i know if i was a farmer i would not have to pay any rates except the garage bit.
    to my knowledge the only way to stop rates is by knocking the building down or putting it on the marget for sale.
    when business was going good the last few years i didnt mind paying but now work is hard to come by.but the rates still has to be paid. :mad:

Advertisement