Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MGM refinanced

• 10-02-2012 3:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭

looks like MGM is back in the game bigtime, even before they sorted there finacnes theyve already got The Hobbit and another Bond film in production,

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/02/mgm-closes-500-million-refinancing-deal-new-productions-on-the-way/

i wonder if there gonna have a look see at the old Stargate revenue, maybe round out each series with the films weve been promised, maybe jump back onto destiny when it comes out of hyperdrive in 2 years;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

It would be nice but also I'm doubting it will happen, Universe was a flop and the SG1 movies didn't make much more then what it cost to make them.

Never know though and I would go nuts if an Atlantis movie was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Universe was a flop
    It took after BSG sure, always a bad idea. There were overtones of the same in Farscape as well, an obsession with surgery/medical drugs/psychodrama. What the world needs is more two fisted pulp, a hero chortling while he runs over the bad guys in a stolen truck. Sure, maybe they had wives and children but they were dicks. That's why I love Firefly too. Browncoats ho!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Eye of Orion

They really should finish off universe in a way, either by a movie or series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The planned & then cancelled movie tie in featuring all three shows would have been incredible.

They should make the SGA one first ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

Yes yes yes!!! I really dont understand...Destiny was the BEST drama of them all!!!! A huge feature film, akin to the upcoming Prometheus would guarantee them a life-time revenue stream. And its a series that deserves (along with the fans too) something of that magnatude!!!!

I've posted elsewhere...TV is STARVED of sci-fi (in space!). There is nothing out there these days...........

Surion wrote: »
    TV is STARVED of sci-fi (in space!). There is nothing out there these days...........

More like :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Surion wrote: »
    I've posted elsewhere...TV is STARVED of sci-fi (in space!). There is nothing out there these days...........

HBO have just dipped their toes into the fantasy realm with Game of Thrones, maybe in another year or two they might decide to leave this rock of ours, and start building some damn space ships,

maybe Showtime (Stargates original home) might try some new sci-fi stuff,

i would love more Stargate but id say a whole new universe of sci-fi is more likely, i would at least expect 1 or 3 more films to show my dedication towards the show for so long wasnt misplaced,

don ramo wrote: »
    i would love more Stargate but id say a whole new universe of sci-fi is more likely, i would at least expect 1 or 3 more films to show my dedication towards the show for so long wasnt misplaced,

I think Stargate is now dead, Universe did to much damage and it would take some serious backing to get the studio to release any worthy amount of cash.
    Something new might come along, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Eye of Orion

Something new might come along, hopefully.

Yep and they will cancel it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

cant see syfy coming up with anything, their gone down the fluffy earth based sci-fi route, if you wanna call it sci-fi,

cable channels id say are our best bet, maybe some network might surprise us in the next year or two,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,614 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

SyFy canceled their purchase of the show. MGM didn't kill Stargate. They would need to find another buyer, and I for one would rather it not be SyFy. If it IS SyFy, they need to acknowledge how royally they fcuked their sh*t up.

All the sets & props, in fact everything Stargate was sold off in auction there some time ago. It aint coming back :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

EnterNow wrote: »
    All the sets & props, in fact everything Stargate was sold off in auction there some time ago. It aint coming back :(
    What? Heresy! Blasphemy!The only thing not coming back is you - BANNED! *delusional*

EnterNow wrote: »
    Because they reused, like, everything when they did The Next Generation.

Overheal wrote: »
    Because they reused, like, everything when they did The Next Generation.

But there was a 20 odd year gap. I'm just saying, if it comes back, & I can't see it happening unfortunately, they'll have to start from the ground up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

forget Universe, that show ain't ever coming back. But perhaps Wormhole Extreme might be the next hot franchise!!!! :D

Start a new show yourself with stuff from here.
    http://stores.ebay.com/VIP-AUCTIONS/_i.html?_fsub=2767108011

Get Joss Whedon to direct a miniseries where he kills off all the major cast of Universe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Bring in chuck Norris as a wraith to finish off Macgy.....oh hell everyone!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement