Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy bought a donkey from a farmer for €100.

Options
  • 10-02-2012 4:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

The next day, however, the farmer announced, “I have some bad news. The donkey’s died.” Paddy obviously demanded his money back. The farmer couldn’t do that as he’d already spent it. “Okay, then,” says Paddy, “just bring me the dead donkey as I’m going to raffle him off.” But “You can’t raffle a dead donkey!” “Sure I can,” says Paddy. “I just won’t tell anybody he’s dead.” A month later, the farmer met up with Paddy, who stated proudly: “I raffled him off, selling 500 tickets at €2 each and made a profit of €898.” “Didn’t anyone complain?” retorted the farmer, to which Paddy replied, “Just the guy who won, so I gave him his €2 back!”

Advertisement