Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show-10th. Feb 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dear God, if Tubridy had JFK himself on the show, he would bring the show around to sexual abuse.. (a quick fire round)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

:(:( Poor fella! that would break your heart! What a horrible childhood:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Could imagine if The Script had their good songs... :eek:

You're dead right.
    If the Script had a few songs of the quality of Aslan's better singles on their hands and 'Scripted them up' they would have serious hits; with youtube 'n' all today, they'd take off in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Watching this on rte i-player and a poxy advert in the middle of it what a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Poor fooker. All too common story in Ireland though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

leahyl wrote: »
    God love him - never knew that happened to him:(
    amdublin wrote: »
    Bloody hell I never knew about that :eek:
    Didn't know Christy was abused as a child.
    That was rotten of that happening to him.
    Aoife9 wrote: »
    :(:( Poor fella! that would break your heart! What a horrible childhood:(:(

Food for thought eh!! it's the age old lesson about judging people without having walked a mile in their shoes

Ok some fun now pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! I need to laugh had a ****ty day!!!!

ffs.. .they should have cut Michelle Heaton and got the lads to play This Is and Lucy Jones Part II ...

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

There are people ignorant of the facts who are spouting ****e on this thread...love them or hate them but you got to admire them......Good man Christy

• Advertisement

Tell us about it during the break.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Food for thought eh!! it's the age old lesson about judging people without having walked a mile in their shoes

When did I judge him - I just thought the way he was acting on stage was strange having never seen him live before, I admitted that. I didn't say anything else, get over it. We get it you're a big fan of Aslan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Pity the LL dident have them on longer instead of some woman that had a baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭xii

Cold up there on your pedestal

Very true! I never seen him before and just thought he was a druggie header! :o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Yeah relax willya no one said anything really bad before that.

Plus also I'm sure he'd wanted to be treated the same, not different because of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I would like to see them being interviewed more often, they would make great mentors for some young talent, with what they have seen and experienced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I dont watch the Late late much but I do remember watching one night and seeing christy on his own doing an interview with gaybo(I think it was a good few years ago). He went into great detail about coming off heroin - I think he went to the Tibbeten munks, and he told the story of his childhood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Aoife - read back through a few pages of this! I think the worse the show is, the better the laughs are here! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.

After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

There's some amount of sick bastards in this country. Fair play to Christy for making something of his life despite everything he's gone through.

• Advertisement

Birdie086 wrote: »
    I dont watch the Late late much but I do remember watching one night and seeing christy on his own doing an interview with gaybo(I think it was a good few years ago). He went into great detail about coming off heroin - I think he went to the Tibbeten munks, and he told the story of his childhood.

Ya I remember seeing that too actually - he seems like a very down to earth guy

hondasam wrote: »
    I have heard Christy tell his story before and it is sad.
    He is honest and has changed his life around. I think there is probably stuff he has not said.

I dont think so, I know him personally, he's completely honest n open about his demons, its all there in his book, I was gobsmacked to read some of the stuff that he opened up about but thought "fair fookin play m8 fair fookin play"

I do laugh at the jibes about "typical northside junkie" and that kinda crap, funy thing is he bought most of his gear over on the southside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I was hoping they'd perform 'My Little Buttercup'

WTF

Is this a skit or serious :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

where's El Guapo ?

"Me and daddy in the fields... in the old John Deere"

And them all in suits... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

A new low, the fuppin 3 amigos

Oh god the 'country' three tenors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I wish I could find the mute button on my remote :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I dont think so, I know him personally, he's completely honest n open about his demons, its all there in his book, I was gobsmacked to read some of the stuff that he opened up about but thought "fair fookin play m8 fair fookin play"

I do laugh at the jibes about "typical northside junkie" and that kinda crap, funy thing is he bought most of his gear over on the southside.

I have always admired him, he could have stayed on drugs but he choose to change.
    I just thought there is more about his childhood he might have kept to himself.

Is that George hook in the center

The three amigos! woo hoo! the buckos from Ireland with the Nashville accents! :D:D

xii wrote: »

Nah , it's heated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

Haha I love these muppets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Does anyone know who they are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

xii wrote: »

Didn't get the impression Earl was attacking anyone/placing himself on a pedestal.
    Seemed to me he was just making a fair point and did so in a reasonable manner.

Radio might paint the best picture, but there a horrible fkn racket coming out my telly ..

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

Its like three ryan tubridys on stage

• Advertisement

I do love country music though :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Well to give Christy his due, at least he sings in his Northside Dublin accent, unlike these clowns who sing like they're from the Grand Ole feckin Opry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Are they Irish?! Why have they got american red neck accents?

shouldnt they be called triur chairde (sorry my irish is sh**e)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Dreadful redneck rubbish

When did singing outta your nose become entertainment?

• Advertisement

Nah , it's heated!

We have moved on, keep up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

COYW wrote: »
    Does anyone know who they are?

From L to R: Ned Nederleader, Dusty Bottoms, Lucky Day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

madanall wrote: »
    There are people ignorant of the facts who are spouting ****e on this thread...love them or hate them but you got to admire them......Good man Christy

Aslan, possibly the most authentic Irish rock band of the last 40 years. There may be 3 only competitors. I feel a thread coming on.....

ascanbe wrote: »
    Didn't get the impression Earl was attacking anyone/placing himself on a pedestal.
    Seemed to me he was just making a fair point and did so in a reasonable manner.

If by reasonable you mean sanctimonious then yes, yes he did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement