Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show-10th. Feb 2012

18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Impossible not to like Christy. Amazing singer, up there with Luke Kelly as the best voice this country has ever produced. Never seen Aslan live (apart from their half-time show at the Dublin-Cork National League final last year) but I might put that right for their Tallaght Stadium gig. They've got some monumental tunes if you dig below Crazy World and This Is. Here's three of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I was flicking last night and for the first three times I heard C section, me me me and C section. And then I had a funny dream DLB was presenting blind date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

deelite wrote: »
    I was flicking last night and for the first three times I heard C section, me me me and C section. And then I had a funny dream DLB was presenting blind date.
    Jaysus, I thought it was Michelle talking about child birth again :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

twirlagig wrote: »
    Was that not Teresa Lowe ? :confused:

No, t'was Olivia
    By her reign's end she was co-hosting a primetime show on RTE Television "Murphy's Micro Quiz'M", as well as live announcing on Channels RTE 1 and 2.

http://www.irishexaminerusa.com/mt/2008/06/11/olivia_tracey_is_hollywoodhot.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

writhen wrote: »
    I don't watch the show but prefer readin this thread with a nice beer as accompaniment......

So wise for one so young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Skid wrote: »
    Hey everybody,

Was it any good tonight? Any part worth watching on the repeat?

Hope ya all had fun :)
    Aside from Aslan, it WAS the worst show ever... I wouldnt even bother looking back over it unless your need to record an image of Michelle Heaton for the hitman you are hiring to kill her..

Just for the record, I have no plans to hire a hitman to kill Michelle. I likes Michelle :o

Not enough to listen to her LLS Interview (I'm not made of Broadband). But enough that I am glad she is alive and well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I'm flummoxed about this show....

I saw bits of it last night - probably caught the second half or something.

I thought the Blind Date was okay....I wasn't sitting watching the TV, but it was on in the background while I was doing something else, and the Blind Date slot amused me slightly.

The couple from the ill-fated cruise ship were well worth watching, in my opinion...apart from learning more about what actually happened to the ship, I also found their reactions interesting - like when they were phoning home and the younger son was all 'huh'? - kind of touching story, all human life, etc, and thankfully not many of us have experienced that 'I'm more than likely going to die any minute now' feeling.

Aslan were good - good in themselves, and the warmth shown towards them from the audience drew me in. Engaging, interesting - could have listened to more.

And then after that, Tubridy says 'join us after the break'....and what do we get for the final segment? Olivia Tracey. Now, to be fair, she seemed to be a nice enough person, but really, the whole segment had a 'filler' feel about it. She hadn't got that much of interest to share, and at times her cheery disposition could seem a little annoying. She was honest about losing out on two jobs she'd auditioned for before Christmas....but considering Tubridy had spoken about how 2011 was a hellish year for many, when Olivia said she took herself off to NYC & The Hamptons for a week to get over the disappointment...it possibly alienated a fair proportion of the audience. Again, I must say she came across as a decent person...BUT WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND CHOSE TO FINISH THE SHOW WITH OLIVIA TRACEY (a very bland/luke-warm segment) AS OPPOSED TO ASLAN?

The show ended on a mere whimper.....awful conclusion.

Advertisement