Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday pub for Man United - Liverpool game?

Options
  • 10-02-2012 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭

Heading into town early Saturday for the Man United - Liverpool game and plan on staying out afterwards. Hopefully staying out for the rugby!

Has anybody any suggestions of where best to watch the game? Some of the lads where mentioning the Woolshed but I find that it's a little expensive, especially for starting off so early.

In an ideal world, I'm looking for a pub with a good atmosphere for the match and where pints aren't too expensive for that time of day (Kick off is 12:45) if it could be beside a bookies also that would be a great advantage :D

Thanks for any suggestions in advance! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Probably either the Living room off O'Connell street or the Woolshed will be best in terms of atmosphere. Maybe not the cheapest although both do 10euro pitchers of fosters, other pints 4.50 or so. Don't know if you'll find much cheaper than that for the game at that time on a Saturday. Come on the pool!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Probably either the Living room off O'Connell street or the Woolshed will be best in terms of atmosphere. Maybe not the cheapest although both do 10euro pitchers of fosters, other pints 4.50 or so. Don't know if you'll find much cheaper than that for the game at that time on a Saturday. Come on the pool!!

+1 for the Woolshed (and Liverpool!). Can't go wrong with tenner pitchers. And you'd get a decent vantage point of the telly as it's f*ckin' huge. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Thanks for the replies lads. I sought advice in the Soccer forum as well and the living room just shades it in terms of popularity so that's where I think I will head.

It was a toss up between the woolshed and the living room in anyway. I was just seeing if there where any hidden gems of pubs with a good atmosphere and a cheap pint in DCC that I was unaware of. ;)

And less of that Petethebrick, it's United all the way mate! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Danye wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies lads. I sought advice in the Soccer forum as well and the living room just shades it in terms of popularity so that's where I think I will head.

It was a toss up between the woolshed and the living room in anyway. I was just seeing if there where any hidden gems of pubs with a good atmosphere and a cheap pint in DCC that I was unaware of. ;)

And less of that Petethebrick, it's United all the way mate! :D

Bit late now but sinnots by grafton st is good for games. As is fitzsimmons in temple bar. A little cheaper but great place would be the barge in the village quarter by the canal. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

liffeylite wrote: »
    Bit late now but sinnots by grafton st is good for games. As is fitzsimmons in temple bar. A little cheaper but great place would be the barge in the village quarter by the canal. :-)

The village quarter? Sorry, that name never caught on...

• Advertisement
Advertisement