Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gewa prog and UPC Digital box

Options
  • 10-02-2012 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi everyone
    I'm a Quadriplegic and I use a Gewa Prog Environmental Control System. While this enables me to answer telephone, open front door etc. I am unable to programme it to my UPC Digital box. Can anyone help me please.

Thanking you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭HappyDancer

Hi Kinfar,

Bit of a long one this......To start with, I am not sure of your level of experience with programming GEWA products so I'd issue a word of caution before taking this on if it was set up by an installer you may mess up other codes on the prog! Firstly, if you've access to the Internet, download the GEWA program manual fromhttp://www.abilia.org.uk/produkter/produkt.aspx?productgroup=113160&product=113223. This PDF has the steps needed to walk through how to program from other IR transmitters.....See Pages 9 and 10.

There could be a couple of issues to begin with which you should eliminate. First, start with an easy one and check the batteries in the UPC remote. Used batteries reduce the strength of the transmitting signal and hence may make reading to the Prog more difficult.

Secondly, you did not mention the brand names of your door opener and phone. Depending on their make, the process for reading from these maybe slightly different when compared to other mainstream devices like the UPC transmitter.

To begin to read from the UPC unit, open a new level on the Prog were you'd like to copy the UPC signal too. Position the UPC IR so the window of the UPC remote is facing the bottom of the GEWA Prog (where all the PC interfaces are located). Then press the Program button and 1 at the same time followed by the button on the GEWA prog which you want to program too - Note that the distance between the two remotes is important. Then press the UPC button you want to read and the colour of the GEWA button changes from Orange to Green (i think) followed by a beep. This may take a few seconds. Your signal should now be on the Prog. Press the Levels button to exit programming mode and test the new button on your GEWA. If all works, make out a plan of the GEWA layout and which signals you'd like from the UPC...then begin to program the remainder.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kinfar

Hi Happy Dancer,
    Already have manual for Gewa prog and telephone is a Gewa brand, door opener is also compatible.You're correct about programming. UPC Digital box is difficult to programme. Finally managed to programme it with the help of a T.L.O. from C.R.C. After several attempts everything was finally working.

Many thanks for your input.

Advertisement