Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffe Shops/Cafés with Wifi?

• 10-02-2012 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭

Hi all.

Just wondering if there's any Coffee Shops or Cafés in Limerick City Centre that offer free Wifi, preferably around Thomas Street and Bedford Row.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Pretty sure Oleo & Farino (sp?) have wifi.

What I'd like to see is the civilised practice of automatically issuing a code on your receipt that entitles you to x amount of time on the Wifi. Anywhere do this?

Rather the current thing of asking for a code, blank stare, shouting into the back room, shouting back from the back room "The WHAT?", scramble for a scrap of paper and pen. Back to your seat, is that a 1 or an I or a 7? etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shannon2012

Cappuccinos on Roches Street have wifi access for customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

langdang wrote: »
    What I'd like to see is the civilised practice of automatically issuing a code on your receipt that entitles you to x amount of time on the Wifi. Anywhere do this?

I get what you mean. When I've booked into Hotels/Hostels in Dublin and the UK there's always a wifi code on the reciept :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I think in O&F the wifi code is on the menu at the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

RonMexico wrote: »
    Oh yeah, meant to say my little rant wasn't a reflection on O&F. Just that, in general in ireland, the attitude to WiFi is a bit backward

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

langdang wrote: »
    RonMexico wrote: »
    Oh yeah, meant to say my little rant wasn't a reflection on O&F. Just that, in general in ireland, the attitude to WiFi is a bit backward

Oh I know what you mean. It is just another example of poor service. It always astounds me the way service in this country is so backward. Simple no brainer things like please and thank you, bringing a saucer with your tea so you have somewhere to dispose of the teabag, making sure every table has fresh milk/sugar/salt/pepper etc

I like O&F though I find that new oldet waiter to be rude. The girls there are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

French's cafe on Catherine St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

george hotel can sort ya too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Arabica on shannon st and all the staff in there know the code, as its an easy one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Café Mint on Henry Street, about 100 metres from Bedford Row, just past Dunnes: http://limerick.ratemyarea.com/places/caf-mint-125602

Greene's café/restaurant, corner of William Street and Little Catherine Street:
    http://limerick.ratemyarea.com/places/greene-s-caf-bar-rest-126117

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Café Mint on Henry Street, about 100 metres from Bedford Row, just past Dunnes: http://limerick.ratemyarea.com/places/caf-mint-125602

Greene's café/restaurant, corner of William Street and Little Catherine Street:
    http://limerick.ratemyarea.com/places/greene-s-caf-bar-rest-126117

I've used both these places, and they are fine, but both are very pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Seeing this topic I put together a website yesterday, feel free to add your favorite places :)
    linky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pigtown

Limerick city council have made free wifi available at the City Hall, Library, new museum on Patrick St. and Art Gallery and have plans to expand to more locations in time.

http://limerickcity.ie/Press/LimerickCityCouncilOffersFreeWi-FiInPublicBuildings/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

French's cafe on Catherine St.

That's where I went Saturday afternoon, good spot though it was quite busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    Seeing this topic I put together a website yesterday, feel free to add your favorite places :)
    linky

there is nothing on there????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

well, YET :) I'll add some stuff later on. also people can sign up and add their favorite places. obvoiusly I will be only able to add places I know :)

Advertisement