Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctioneer in Wexford town?

Options
  • 10-02-2012 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi, Could anyone tell me if JP Delaney on commercial quay in Wexford is still opened? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Not that I'm aware, think it's gone ages ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭calerbass

vicwatson wrote: »

Thanks for that......interesting......dissolved on the CRO as well but still doing business.......:rolleyes:

calerbass wrote: »
    Thanks for that......interesting......dissolved on the CRO as well but still doing business.......:rolleyes:

Really? and the website is suspended.

Hmmm, I try find out more and post here.

Really? and the website is suspended.

Hmmm, I try find out more and post here.

Yep, and is wasting peoples time now aswell, ......but the whole auctioneer business is very badly regulated.The office number on the website just rings and rings....

Yep, and is wasting peoples time now aswell, ......but the whole auctioneer business is very badly regulated.The office number on the website just rings and rings....

Estate Agent V Auctioneer, not all Estate Agents are Auctioneers !

That business has never been regulated, you don't need to have any qualificatiobs to become an Estate Agent.

People spoke about the banks loaning money during the celtic tiger that was the main problem of the celtic tiger, to me that's part of it yes, but also the Estate Agents faults for creating the selling prices on these properties, they pulled figures out of the sky, yet, none of the commentators, none to this day, single out Estate Agents as somewhat responsible for the calamity that was the property bubble. Inflated selling prices, created on the back of cigarette boxes, a complete joke of an industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

I was about to put my house up with him he was out a few weeks back with me I'm trying to find his mobile number to see what is the story

wexford12 wrote: »
    I was about to put my house up with him he was out a few weeks back with me I'm trying to find his mobile number to see what is the story

Id go down different road, see the CRO Website.......dissolved,office phone keeps ringing out, their are one or two other things which i would nt mention here,

I rang the office and he answered said he was having site re built ? not sure whats going on to be honest. calerbass PM me if there is something i should know that im missing thanks

Id go down different road, see the CRO Website.......dissolved,office phone keeps ringing out, their are one or two other things which i would nt mention here,

Actually y'know I was passing Mon a.m. and all seems to be ok here, still on the quay where it was, and lots of properties for sale in the window, looks like it's active away with lights on etc. It seems to be trading away by the looks of it anyways.

I might have been confusing it with Claude Howlin's who's shop is definitely closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭countygorey

finished i think

• Advertisement

finished i think

Has it only closed this week? It was open Monday morning

Claude Howlins or JP Delaney are you talking about, Claude's closed more than a year ago unless J P closed today or yesterday he is still there. So many stories of shops closing down that are still running I know from talking to a couple of owners it has affected their business.
    Businesses will close if people think they are gone out of business they wont walk down the road to buy or even ring them
    This story started about a week ago the minute i read it I rang them as I was putting my house on the market "He answered the phone " He was still in business

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭EASYNEWS

The office was open yesterday anyway & looked to be in full swing.

Actually y'know I was passing Mon a.m. and all seems to be ok here, still on the quay where it was, and lots of properties for sale in the window, looks like it's active away with lights on etc. It seems to be trading away by the looks of it anyways.

I might have been confusing it with Claude Howlin's who's shop is definitely closed.

Made a mistake, Claude Howlin's is open, and DEFINITELY NOT closed.

wexford12 wrote: »
    Claude Howlins or JP Delaney are you talking about, Claude's closed more than a year ago unless J P closed today or yesterday he is still there. So many stories of shops closing down that are still running I know from talking to a couple of owners it has affected their business.
    Businesses will close if people think they are gone out of business they wont walk down the road to buy or even ring them
    This story started about a week ago the minute i read it I rang them as I was putting my house on the market "He answered the phone " He was still in business

No a friend of mine confirmed that he saw Claude Howlin's office open yesterday, lights and action, so it is open for business.

Advertisement