Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying for goods by paypal in shop ??

Options
  • 10-02-2012 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

im in the process of starting a small retail shop and i was told that " if a customer comes in and buys something he can pay by PayPal without having his credit card , all he needs is his log in details etc

is this possible ?????

as elavon credit card machines can be very costly or does anybody know of a cheaper alternative ????

obviously cash would be ideal on all goods , but in this day people use credit/laser cards and they cost a bit to run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Paypal will just not work in a shop, you will have to get a proper terminal if you are in anyway serious about the business.,

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

https://squareup.com/

Not in Ireland yet but maybe some day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

thats unreal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

i certainly wont be allowing anyone to scan any of my cards with a mobile phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

i certainly wont be allowing anyone to scan any of my cards with a mobile phone

Why not? You let them scan them with a pos terminal or card reader? you have no idea what software runs on those either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

Didn't that serial restauranter Conrad have this system for his last venture here?

Is it still operating IIRC there was some mention of revenue moving on him

Advertisement