Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom feedback

Options
  • 10-02-2012 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭

I received an e-mail from eircom thanking me for getting in touch and hoping that I'm happy with the change. The thing is, I am not and never have been with eircom (meteor or emobile).

I'm just wondering how they came across my personal e-mail address and my name. The e-mail also asks me to complete a short survey - I haven't clicked on the link. The subject line is "
    eircom values your feedback"

I'm just wondering if this is a spam e-mail from
    support@feedback.satmetrix.com or has someone used my personal details to set up an account.

Normally I would pass it off as spam, but it looks fairly legit and it has my personal e-mail (not advertised on the net) and my real name on the e-mail. That and the fact that eircom is in the news today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

wyrn wrote: »
    I received an e-mail from eircom thanking me for getting in touch and hoping that I'm happy with the change. The thing is, I am not and never have been with eircom (meteor or emobile).

I'm just wondering how they came across my personal e-mail address and my name. The e-mail also asks me to complete a short survey - I haven't clicked on the link. The subject line is "eircom values your feedback"

I'm just wondering if this is a spam e-mail from support@feedback.satmetrix.com or has someone used my personal details to set up an account.

Normally I would pass it off as spam, but it looks fairly legit and it has my personal e-mail (not advertised on the net) and my real name on the e-mail. That and the fact that eircom is in the news today.

Thanks for posting on the eircom Boards Forum.

It is possible that a customer conducted survey may have been sent to you. This is normally sent to a customer any time eircom is contacted by phone or email, etc. For example: to report a phoneline fault or contact with Customer Care /Broadband Support on a product or service. Like many companies, eircom will give the customers the opportunity to complete a customer service survey.

The survey will normally contact a customer by email and will ask them for their general feedback on their customer experience with eircom. The survey is confidential and conducted by an external agency. The survey itself is general and relates to the customer's satifaction rating with eircom's customer service. For example : with Customer Care /or Technical Support or whether their query was resolved and would they recommend the service in the future.

Of course the option is there for the customer to decline /or just ignore the survey. The survey is sent out from the address : support@feedback.satmetrix.com . Please be aware the survey in no way asks for any personal data or information from the customer; apart from the general feed back of the customer's experience of eircom's Customer Care.

If you have never called into eircom to report a fault, or contacted eircom Customer care via email or directly by phone, then you should not receive this feedback survey. My advice is simply to ignore the survey if you do not wish to respond to this. You will not receive a further survey and there's no obligation to reply, unless you wish to comment on an experience with Customer Care /or wish to commend an individual in Techical Support, etc.

Let me know if I can help you further on this or any other query.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement