Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a Stephen King book

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Tourism

Currently reading 11/22/63 probably one of his best books :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Just finished it last night. I thought it was OK, but it felt very bloated. For an author who can sometimes struggle with endings, I think he did an OK job though.

A few things that annoyed me a little:
    We get it - "the past is obdurate". Stop telling us please.

The ending from where he meets the new "yellow card man" and then goes back to the future felt very rushed, and perhaps could have been a bigger part of the story. Even if it felt like one of the Back To The Future films. God knows there was enough bumpf elsewhere that could have been trimmed down to make some room.

I think maybe it suffered from not really having a strong villain character.

I don't felt it added a huge amount to the "what if you could go back in time and kill Hitler" idea.

Advertisement