Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WARNING, TO ANYONE WHO WALKS NEAR MEADOWVALE, DEANSGRANGE

• 10-02-2012 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Reposting from a friends page. PLEASE SHARE IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO WALKS THEIR DOGS AROUND THE MEADOWVALE AREA, CLONKEEN ROAD, DEANSGRANGE.

heard dreadful story yesterday from a friend..she was walking her cavalier in meadovale park on a lead. man came along with large bull mastiff type dog on lead. his dog leaped on her knocking her down and started davaging her dog..she yelled at man to get his dog off. he said the leads were tangled and he wouldn't put his hands in because he would get bitten. his dog got up left, the remains of her dog in agony and bearly breathing. he walked off saying he'd get his car and take her to the vets..never returned..she had to phone for help and get husband to come with a blanket, they raced dog to vet.. the poor cavalier died.. vet called dog warden and gardai.. THIS IS THE 4TH INCIDENT IN LESS THAN 3 WEEKS .. the man is Blooding his fighting dog. according to GardAI....Each time this man has targeted a woman walking alone with a small dog on a lead..IN BROAD DAYLIGHT He has struck in KIlbogget Park and Meadowvale.. Both parks lead to each other. PLEASE DO NOT WALK YOUR DOG ALONE.. Arrange to walk with a friend if you see a large bull mastif type dog walk away...Man thought to be living locally.... Please share with your friends.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

This sounds like urban legend to me, he's 'blooding' his fighting dog? If this is true, how does anyone know that? Could be just an aggressive dog. Could be anything. If the gardai are involved why not the press?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

i doubt he's 'blooding' for fighting. it would take a class of idiot above your usual dog fighter to fight a big bulky bull mastiff. most likely he's just a sociopath asshole that thinks he's the man cause his dog has 'bull' in its name.

terrible to hear though, guy deserves a slap and his dog taken.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Plus if the Gardai are aware of this they'd likely go around to such a fu*ckwits house in short order, given the potential of human injury never mind dog.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Why would anyone use a pet dog accompanied by an owner in broad daylight to blood a fighting dog when there are any number of stray or unaccompanied dogs going round, much easier targets imo.
    If it is true I would say it is more a case of someone unable to control their dog aggressive dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Either way it's horrific and appalling regardless of the intent. Thanks for posting the warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Personally, I'm getting a bit sick of 'friend of a friend of a friend' made up facebook horror stories, show me the police report or somewhere it has been published by a verified source and then I'll believe it :rolleyes:

The fact is - if a verified source existed, a link to it would be doing the rounds, I don't see any link in the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

What a load of bllox!! Posting this rubbish is not helping the bull mastiff breed or any type of bully dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Hmm.. sounds a bit dubious.
    Anyone spoken to the Guards in Deansgrange to confirm this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Well; OP sounds genuine & it was an attempt to help; if I had a small dog & lived or walked out there I'd want to have that information.

Just because I'm too lazy to get up & walk fido yet, I rang Kill-Of-the-Grange gardai station (01 666 5500) station and Dun Laoghaire station ( 01 666 5000)& asked them; & bothsaid they'd heard nothing about this.
    Of course, my experience has consistantly been that there is little if no linked-thinking amongst gaurds even with the most well intending ; so this didn't necessarily mean the OP is talking BS.

OP; can you revert & check?? God forbid it should happen to someone cos I posted this & they took me as right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

OP; can you revert & check?? God forbid it should happen to someone cos I posted this & they took me as right?

The OP has no-one to check with, they have taken a spam message on facebook and copied and pasted it here yet somehow you have arrived at the conclusion that the two garda stations you personally contacted are may be the people supplying false information. :confused: Honestly, it's no wonder these things keep going on and on forever.

Most likely source is some hysterical anti-restricted breeds lunatic having an attempt at scaremongering if you want my opinion. If you happen to see a large bull mastiff give him a pat from me, anyone with half a brain can identify a dog that is dog aggressive long before they walk right up to it with both dogs on leads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

marley123 wrote: »
    Reposting from a friends page. PLEASE SHARE IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO WALKS THEIR DOGS AROUND THE MEADOWVALE AREA, CLONKEEN ROAD, DEANSGRANGE.

heard dreadful story yesterday from a friend..she was walking her cavalier in meadovale park on a lead. man came along with large bull mastiff type dog on lead. his dog leaped on her knocking her down and started davaging her dog..she yelled at man to get his dog off. he said the leads were tangled and he wouldn't put his hands in because he would get bitten. his dog got up left, the remains of her dog in agony and bearly breathing. he walked off saying he'd get his car and take her to the vets..never returned..she had to phone for help and get husband to come with a blanket, they raced dog to vet.. the poor cavalier died.. vet called dog warden and gardai.. THIS IS THE 4TH INCIDENT IN LESS THAN 3 WEEKS .. the man is Blooding his fighting dog. according to GardAI....Each time this man has targeted a woman walking alone with a small dog on a lead..IN BROAD DAYLIGHT He has struck in KIlbogget Park and Meadowvale.. Both parks lead to each other. PLEASE DO NOT WALK YOUR DOG ALONE.. Arrange to walk with a friend if you see a large bull mastif type dog walk away...Man thought to be living locally.... Please share with your friends.

Gets around, this lad............. :cool:
    Just seen this on Fb it is terrible .......... This is the park I walk my Springer in!

PLEASE POST TO ANY DOGGIE FRIENDS YOU HAVE IN THE CABINTEELY/ KILLINEY AREA. This alert is from a friend of mine: "heard dreadful story yesterday from a friend..she was walking her cavalier in meadovale park on a lead. man came along with large bull mastiff type dog on lead. his dog leaped on her knocking her down and started davaging her dog..she yelled at man to get his dog off. he said the leads were tangled and he wouldn't put his hands in because he would get bitten. his dog got up left, the remains of her dog in agony and bearly breathing. he walked off saying he'd get his car and take her to the vets..never returned..she had to phone for help and get husband to come with a blanket, they raced dog to vet.. the poor cavalier died.. vet called dog warden and gardai.. THIS IS THE 4TH INCIDENT IN LESS THAN 3 WEEKS .. the man is Blooding his fighting dog. according to GardAI....Each time this man has targeted a woman walking alone with a small dog on a lead..IN BROAD DAYLIGHT He has struck in KIlbogget Park and Meadowvale.. Both parks lead to each other. PLEASE DO NOT WALK YOUR DOG ALONE.. Arrange to walk with a friend if you see a large bull mastif type dog walk away...Man thought to be living locally.... Please share with your friends.

Pass on to any friends in the area x

http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=20&p=3753045

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

See? Urban legend. * goes to find mastiff to pat*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

certainly sounds like an urban myth to me, if it was true it would be all over the news and papers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

It's 100% true and utter waffle!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

It is 100% true - trust me am not in the habit of posting urban legends. The Cavalier belonged to a close friend of a girl I know personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

marley123 wrote: »
    It is 100% true - trust me am not in the habit of posting urban legends. The Cavalier belonged to a close friend of a girl I know personally.

No no trust me unless you think I am a liar!!

This incident or should I say these incidents do not exist according to the Gardai......

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

The fact is - if a verified source existed, a link to it would be doing the rounds, I don't see any link in the OP.

Agreed--So Im closing this for now.--If anyone wants to pm me a verified link/source I`ll reopen this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement