Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafes on or near Thomas Street/ Bridgefoot street?

Options
  • 10-02-2012 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody can tell me if there are any cafes on or near Thomas Street? Haven't been in the area in about 4/5 years and I seem to recall a bakery/cafe being there and a spar? I'm not from Dublin and have a meeting there so want to grab breakfast/lunch without the hassle of going too far off the beaten track? I'll be there morning time so pubs are no good to me. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Manning's bakery is still there, and there's a couple of shops opposite. There's a few more cafés down towards Christchurch (Café Noto on the corner of Francis St is the only one whose name I can think of).

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Manning's bakery is still there, and there's a couple of shops opposite. There's a few more cafés down towards Christchurch (Café Noto on the corner of Francis St is the only one whose name I can think of).

thanks a mil HeidiHeidi, Mannings was the place i was thinking of, do you know if you can sit down and order sandwiches/food in there? or is just take out?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Not sure, I've never actually been in it! But I think it's a sit-down café.

They're on MenuPages which suggests they are anyway....

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Not sure, I've never actually been in it! But I think it's a sit-down café.

They're on MenuPages which suggests they are anyway....

That's great thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

Mannings serves breakfast and sandwiches cakes etc in a sit down restaurant
    so it would be ideal for you

• Advertisement

GHOST MGG2 wrote: »
    Mannings serves breakfast and sandwiches cakes etc in a sit down restaurant
    so it would be ideal for you

That is brilliant thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sha.and

ye mannings is a great spot, they do delicious food and coffee. Cafe notto as suggested on the corner of francis street is also good. There is a place on Thomas street called the food gallery which do lovely food and coffee, and every wednsaday all coffee and cakes are at a reduced price. there are also a couple of spots on meath street which are very nice. the area has come on alot over the oast 4/5 years since youve been here. enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

There's a good place round the corner in Meath St, ½-way down on the left. Do a great beakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Cafe Notto at the corner of Francis St also has free WiFi if that matters. It's one of my favourite places to read the paper on a weekend morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Good few places on Thomas St. that do 'sit in' food.
    Can't really go wrong if you're down this end of town and want some lunch!

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for responses, glad to hear there's a variety of places!

Advertisement