Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone has won £900K

• 10-02-2012 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭

"Your mobile number has won £900.000 GBP in the Apple iPhone Survey. Send claim Code to email applebb@blumail.org"

What scam is this? I suppose everyone got this text? My phone is a Vodafone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

doubt its a scam, well done, lucky you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

gbee wrote: »
    "Your mobile number has won £900.000 GBP in the Apple iPhone Survey. Send claim Code to email applebb@blumail.org"

Wow well done, hurry up and claim the prize, be sure to include bank details :pac:

I have got that too, Iphone with vodafone, got it last weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Send me $100, I'll do a background check on the company.
    Could be a scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

gbee wrote: »

It's the scam where they pretend to be Apple and tell you you've won £900,000. When you email your claim code to them it automatically attaches your kidneys to the email so they can be sold on the black market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

They can give £900K away but can only afford to sign up to a free email service?

Seems legit, go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

If you're not going to use it, could you pm me the code?

Could really do with some cash.

Thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's the scam where they pretend to be Apple and tell you you've won £900,000. When you email your claim code to them it automatically attaches your kidneys to the email so they can be sold on the black market.

you made me break me hole laughing in the middle of the office! now everyone is giving me strange looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

had you been told you were about to into money on a starsign premium call, if so what ya waiting for..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Sounds legit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Winner winner chicken dinner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Be careful that your phone doesn't turn into a snob and move to a nice country without you.

Remind it that if it wasn't for you it would be collecting dust on a shelf back at the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Bobby1984

What a coincidence, received this message before lunch.

"You have won 750,000 in the USA Blackberry Mobile Promo. For claims email code US*31 to usa@bbcclaimagent .com"

PS i inserted * as first digit just to make that nobody tries to claim my prize before they process my bank account details in order to lodge the money.

So now I have quit my job and I am on a plane over to the USA to pick up my prize. How lucky can one guy be :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Why do people still think there is anything vaguely interesting in posting their spam or phishing messages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

stovelid wrote: »
    Why do people still think there is anything vaguely interesting in posting their spam or phishing messages?

Because it came in a text to a mobile phone.

Why don't you start a thread then and we'll all go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

Hi..i represent a nigerian prince who would like you to forward your bank details and sort code in return he wants to reward you with 1,000,000 dollars
    no wait.....wrong thread:-p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I got the same text earlier this week. I'm not with Vodafone although my number does begin 087.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Why did you come into the thread then? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've gotten a couple of texts from nl@bbcclaimagent.com telling me I've won stuff. I wish to hell that my phone had a function to block spam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

token101 wrote: »
    Why did you come into the thread then? :confused:

To be the voice of reason in all of this madness.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    To be the voice of reason in all of this madness.

You should know by now that reason and After Hours were not meant to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Bobby1984 wrote: »
    What a coincidence, received this message before lunch.

"You have won 750,000 in the USA Blackberry Mobile Promo. For claims email code US*31 to usa@bbcclaimagent .com"

PS i inserted * as first digit just to make that nobody tries to claim my prize before they process my bank account details in order to lodge the money.

So now I have quit my job and I am on a plane over to the USA to pick up my prize. How lucky can one guy be :cool:

Is the first digit 7 ?

or 4?

No 3?

What about 9?

2?

5?

8?

Betcha it's 1?

Am I hot or cold? 6?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

086 8042249 Usually they hide the phone number, seemed a bit odd.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Duggy747 wrote: »
    They can give £900K away but can only afford to sign up to a free email service?

Seems legit, go for it!

They are clearly trying to save money so they can give more of it away in prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

think of all the bags of chips you could buy with that!

Advertisement