Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seafood Chowder recipe

Options
  • 10-02-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

I'm looking for a recipe for seafood chowder that does not contain cream ....can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

try a tomato based chowder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭YoureSoVain

Xyo wrote: »
    try a tomato based chowder ?
    No, not too keen on tomato idea. i'd still like it to taste creamy just withouth cream as it makes me very ill. Milky rather than stock taste

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You could try adding a roux which will thicken in & maybe the butter will make it slightly 'creamy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I have a smoked haddock chowder with no cream if that helps. You could make it using seafood, but I've never done so.

Boil some potatoes until parboiled. Drain and cut into cubes.
    Put cubed potatoes into pot, add some chopped chilli, 1 tin corn and some diced spring onion.
    Pour in enough chicken stock to cover. Bring to boil and simmer until potatoes are cooked.
    Add in fish and cook until just cooked.
    Add in some milk (I use low fat) to make the soup creamier.
    Taste and add in salt and pepper to taste.
    Pour into bowls, top with chopped parsley and crusty bread.

Its one of the nicest soups I've ever eaten - and it can be made in under 30 mins :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement