Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secondry School Teaching with an Unrelated Post Grad

• 10-02-2012 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

I was just filling in my CAO form and it started me thinking. Say if i was to do a course in Physical Education wherever (UL/DCU) would i be able to do a post grad in a totally unrelated subject such as Economics or Accounting. I would be enternally grateful for any help on this Topic.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Moved from Postgraduates.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

I would imagine you would need to have studied economics or accounting etc, to a certain level before you would be considered for a position on a post grad in these areas. That or have extensive work experience in the areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭UnLuckyAgain

You would probably have to go for "conversion courses" in e.g. Economics / Accounting if your degree is unrelated. NUIM do one of these for example. If you're referring to doing one of these courses for teaching purposes, it gets a bit trickier!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

bobjimmy wrote: »
    I was just filling in my CAO form and it started me thinking. Say if i was to do a course in Physical Education wherever (UL/DCU) would i be able to do a post grad in a totally unrelated subject such as Economics or Accounting. I would be enternally grateful for any help on this Topic.

UCC have a PE programme that does economics as its second subject - think they were changing it this year and may have taken it out as a subject, but worth a check anyway

Advertisement