Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad 3 rumours + announcements

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Eoin247

About time is all i can say. Apple needs to catch up with all these new android devices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

I reckon Apple are too usy counting their profits to be worried about pesky Android devices! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Eoin247 wrote: »
    About time is all i can say. Apple needs to catch up with all these new android devices

About time? It's less than a year since the iPad2!! What hardware advantages have Android tablets got over the iPad?

tallpaul wrote: »
    About time? It's less than a year since the iPad2!! What hardware advantages have Android tablets got over the iPad?

Faster processors, quad core cpu, better screen resolution to name but a few. Search for some of the most recently released tablets on google and you'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

For someone who only does email and web browsing could an iPad replace a laptop?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

grizzly wrote: »
    For someone who only does email and web browsing could an iPad replace a laptop?

Yes, that's what it's for really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Faster processors, quad core cpu, better screen resolution to name but a few. Search for some of the most recently released tablets on google and you'll see.

Yeah but it's Android...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Did the previous iPads launch here at the same time as in the US?

naasrd wrote: »
    Yeah but it's Android...

IMO Android is superior to IOS. Only thing IOS really has over android is it's headstart on apps (To which android is catching up very quickly)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

IMO Android is superior to IOS. Only thing IOS really has over android is it's headstart on apps (To which android is catching up very quickly)

And you post in the Apple forum why?

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    And you post in the Apple forum why?

Because i use both operating systems ? I think it's funny that you're suggesting that you have to be an apple fanboy in order to post here. :rolleyes:

Because i use both operating systems ? I think it's funny that you're suggesting that you have to be an apple fanboy in order to post here. :rolleyes:

And I think its funny that you have nothing good to say about iOS devices, yet you post here.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

well? anyone got any leaked specs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Pedantic pat here....but IOS is Cisco's OS for switches. iOS is Apple's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I am going to sell my iPad 2 in the next week or so. I am not too fussy on the supposed screen resolution upgrade of the next iPad, just as the 16GB iPad I currently have does not suffice me.
    The current iPad 2 will take a substantial value drop when the new one is announced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

digitaldr wrote: »
    Did the previous iPads launch here at the same time as in the US?

No. The first iPad was released in Ireland 4 months after the US, while the second one was released a month after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Pedantic pat here....but IOS is Cisco's OS for switches. iOS is Apple's.
    I vs i (in the apple forum ) = Very:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

wait a god damn second, does that say 'starting at 1299.00
    :eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

wait a god damn second, does that say 'starting at 1299.00
    :eek::eek::eek:

No. It'll be same price as the iPad 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

ah lads...really

implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Looks like Apple will announce it March 7th..
    Not liking the rumours about it being dual core still and basically just a larger screen etc...

http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/apple-to-announce-ipad-3-on-march-7-3019276.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Will an improved screen resolution even be noticable on a ipad screen size?

I've an ipad 2 and I can't imagine what the new version could offer to entice me to upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Will an improved screen resolution even be noticable on a ipad screen size?

I've an ipad 2 and I can't imagine what the new version could offer to entice me to upgrade.

Was going to post the same thing. I don't have my iPad 2 very long and nothing I've read so far would entice me to consider an upgrade.

Like the iPhone I'll just skip a generation.

Will an improved screen resolution even be noticable on a ipad screen size?.
    Yes, there will be a huge difference.

How do you know that?
    And huge difference for what exactly?
    I mostly use the ipad for internet browsing, emailing and apps.
    I'd also use it to watch football matches on liveonlinefooty.com - but the quality of the video is more to do with your internet connection and the stream than the ipad hardware.

Maybe if you're using you ipad to watch movies all the time there might be some benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

How do you know that?
    And huge difference for what exactly?
    I mostly use the ipad for internet browsing, emailing and apps.
    I'd also use it to watch football matches on liveonlinefooty.com - but the quality of the video is more to do with your internet connection and the stream than the ipad hardware.

Maybe if you're using you ipad to watch movies all the time there might be some benefit.

It will be the equivalent of going from an iphone 3 to an iphone 4. The difference between the 2 was day and night. Have you tried reading something on an iPad, I find it difficult with a lot of ghosting around the text, the same as it was with the iphone 3. The clarity of the iphone 4 is fantastic and this is how the ipad 3 will be.

jester77 wrote: »
    It will be the equivalent of going from an iphone 3 to an iphone 4. The difference between the 2 was day and night. Have you tried reading something on an iPad, I find it difficult with a lot of ghosting around the text, the same as it was with the iphone 3. The clarity of the iphone 4 is fantastic and this is how the ipad 3 will be.

Nope, I mostly just look at the pictures. :pac:

How do you know that?
    And huge difference for what exactly
    Like jester said above, we already know the benefits of a retina screen from the iPhone 4. Having recently upgraded from a 3GS to 4S I personally found it made a huge difference. Your particular usage doesn't matter, the screen just looks sharper and better for everything. And this is on an iPhone. It'll make an even bigger difference on an iPad.

• Advertisement

But it's a big resolution jump...a lot of people will complain that the text is too small for them to read and will end up enlarging the text thus negating the display.
    Movies will look awesome though although in fairness high def movies look excellent already.

Advertisement