Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Donovan [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

Another great episode this week. I agree with most of the posters here that the teacher story line is weak and a bit pointless. I don't like the Mexican wrestler at all. Don't think she adds anything to the show.

Great to havey back. Finny was great this week too. I want to see more of him.

That scene with his son-in-law at the fireplace was awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another episode ruined by the daughter/teacher storyline!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope nothing happens with Terry and Ray's annoying wife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Another episode ruined by the daughter/teacher storyline!

The only weak link of the episode.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The only weak link of the episode.

The weak link to the whole season it's just so distracting from the other great story lines.

The daughter and wife need to disappear like the son seems to have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They can take Braceface too

Awesome re-introduction of that character there (his face during that final scene...woah). It's gonna reeeally go down now for the rest of the season. Cracking stuff.

The storylines are off the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope nothing happens with Terry and Ray's annoying wife

I think it's more to do with how he loves his family so much. You could see him looking at them at the end of the episode and being so happy that his wife cares so much for his sick brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'd say Terry's gonna be taken out big time, either by nazi boys or will get arrested for killing the teacher when he finds out what annoying daughter is up to.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'd say Terry's gonna be taken out big time, either by nazi boys or will get arrested for killing the teacher when he finds out what annoying daughter is up to.

The perfect Aryan/Armenian/PD/former FBI storm is brewing... I'm excited.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm guessing that the wife gets taken out in the cross fire between the Aryan's and Terry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Clareman wrote: »
    I'm guessing that the wife gets taken out in the cross fire between the Aryan's and Terry.

Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It's sort of like a sophisticated version of Banshee - love it! Bar the wife's annoying accent and the kids!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Mc Love wrote: »
    It's sort of like a sophisticated version of Banshee - love it! Bar the wife's annoying accent and the kids!

Cawwwwwnahhhh!!!

Astounded this has gone unmentioned...

What about her use of the 'C' word? Can't believe they went there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Ekels wrote: »

You can take the girl outa Boston......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Ekels wrote: »

She said it before, when someone from her yoga class was asking about her, and she replied with "Mind ya f*ckin business, ya nosey c**t..."
    It fits, cause that is who she really is, under all the money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Mc Love wrote: »

I think that, as annoying as it is, it's realistic. The wife is from Boston and clearly having money has NOT refined her, so her behavior is to be expected.
    The kids were brought up in a rich, dis-functional household, so again their behavior is probably pretty standard.

If we only saw Ray and Mickey, it's become pretty dull pretty quick - we get to see how it affects everyone around them. I just hope the teacher byline goes somewhere useful...

Well now that was a good episode and ending.

When the Parkinsons guy touched yer wan's head I vomited out my vital organs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Ray going help Mickey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Ray going help Mickey?

You could understand why he wouldnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

When the Parkinsons guy touched yer wan's head I vomited out my vital organs.

Why? Do you even watch the show? :confused:

Have to say, I'm loving season 3. Much improved on last season. The whole Cookie Brown thing didn't do much for me. The Andrew Finney storyline suits the theme of the show a lot more, and is still unpredictable yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm really enjoying this season as well, there's just so many different storylines going on it's brilliant.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Why? Do you even watch the show? :confused:

His wife is the most annoying character on television. The daughter's thing with Ken Cosgrove wasn't even that bad till she turned up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

His wife is the most annoying character on television. The daughter's thing with Ken Cosgrove wasn't even that bad till she turned up.

I don't think she's been that bad this season actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Clareman wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying this season as well, there's just so many different storylines going on it's brilliant.

This season has been ok overall but there's been so many weird/dead end storylines that the writers really should have left out eg. the wife and the dog that ran away and came back again/son humping the mattress/daughter seducing idiot teacher/bunchy buying breast milk for hookers/crazy priest trying to get Ray into confession etc.

My ideal season finale would be for the wife/son/daughter/bunchy to all be killed in a huge shootout with the Armenians. Season 4 to feature Ray and Avi tooling up and going on an all out revenge mission against the Armenians. Subplots: Mickey scraping a living in Mexico. Parkinsons guy fighting for his life against the Aryan brotherhood. Darryl and his hooker girlfriend making a run for it with the black lady cop from True Detective chasing them to bring them to trial for cocaine dealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Just a couple of questions if anyone can help....
    Who is Ed Cochrane working for now and how did he find out where Avi had his lockup?
    Thanks!

Am I the only 1 that found the last episode extremely rushed? Ray has a lot of balls in the air now and is going to get caught by 1 of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Ray finding and throwing the poker over the balcony to a waiting Lena was awesome.

Advertisement