Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Donovan [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭smilerf

Jesus let Hector and Marisol just go away please.
    Terrible and boring ****e altogether.
    Great having an episode without that eejit conor in it.
    Poor Avie and Mick.
    Big pick up after last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

lukin wrote: »
    The storyline with the Irish boxer really annoyed me. Cliched Oirish paddywhackery at it's worst. Does Hollywood ever learn?

thats Cathal Pendred he was a UFC fighter same team as McGreggor

born in Boston came home at 4 and has a Leinster schools rugby medal from playing for Belvedere

It's the top o the morning thing that's gets me.
    I've never ever heard an Irishman say those words

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

smilerf wrote: »

Not in Ireland but head over to the states and check out some Irish bars and you'll come across a lot of that sh1te, especially during the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Maybe an older generation would have used it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭lukin

The actress who plays Ray's wife is from Belfast isn't she? You would think she would have put them straight on that kind of caricature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I think the worst Oirish accent i heard on TV was in SOA, Titus Welliver playing an Irish arms dealer called Jimmy O'Phelan, it was cringe!

Have to say I am loving this season of Ray Donovan although the incestuous boxer storyline is not great, loving the Bunchy storyline, he is manning up big time!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

SoA's time in Ireland was almost shark jumping.

I don't mind the boxer storyline, it allows a break from the main storylines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Clareman wrote: »
    SoA's time in Ireland was almost shark jumping.

The shark jumping for me was the 50 people they killed in every episode near the end, all without any police investigation.

Mickey makes this show for me, just gets better every week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Glad to see I'm not the only person who'd love to hit that Conor child a thump

• Advertisement

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Glad to see I'm not the only person who'd love to hit that Conor child a thump
    he's a pampered prick
    Good kick he needs

It's a tie for me between Conor and Anthony Jr. from the Sopranos for the most annoying character in good shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

It's a tie for me between Conor and Anthony Jr. from the Sopranos for the most annoying character in good shows.

I'd go along with that, and I'd add Abby to the list, awful whiney character. Without wishing to derail the thread, the Sopranos reminds me that Carmela and the ridiculous Silvio Dante could also join the list of awfulness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

You could throw in Damien Lewis daughter from Homeland to that too, and Rays daughter in this actually, pains in the hole the lot of them.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

You could throw in Damien Lewis daughter from Homeland to that too, and Rays daughter in this actually, pains in the hole the lot of them.

She was shocking! That whole story line was a complete waste of film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Add Carl from The Walking Dead too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Add Carl from The Walking Dead too

We got a good meme out of him though. :p

Lads why did ray take a photo of Hector then throw the phone away?
    Lost there

Lads why did ray take a photo of Hector then throw the phone away?
    Lost there

Insurance policy I would imagine!

frag420 wrote: »
    Insurance policy I would imagine!
    Ah right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bgr123

Great cast and thats why it's so frustrating to see the show drift aimlessly since the end of season 2.really struggling with season 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Damn that ending was something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

They built up the Russians so much as a massive threat, and then it was all so easy. Just kill everyone. A pretty poor ending I thought.

Yeah thought the ending was a bit rushed....too easy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Agreed with the above. The ending was very meh. It was all a bit too neat and clean for my liking.

The show is in serious danger of becoming extremely repetitive. It's just becoming a series of challenges and dilemmas being put in front of Ray that he always deals with in a relatively short amount of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭lukin

I agree it seemed to simplistic. OK they kill all the Russians, problem solved but how does Ray know they haven't got a load of gangster relatives back home and now they will be out for revenge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Agreed with the above. The ending was very meh. It was all a bit too neat and clean for my liking.

The show is in serious danger of becoming extremely repetitive. It's just becoming a series of challenges and dilemmas being put in front of Ray that he always deals with in a relatively short amount of time.

The last three seasons, iirc, have ended with:

Ray takes out the gangstas to protect his family
    Ray takes out the Armenians to protect his family
    Ray takes out the Russians to protect his family.

Next season it'll be the triads, then the mafia, then the yakuza, then the scientologists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭tom_k

Agree with all the above, it's gone a bit too Sons of Anarchy for my liking i.e. split up and slaughter the enemy in the last 5 minutes.

And of course promptly attend a party and dance around still spattered with the blood of freshly murdered corpses.

The show must also by now have surpassed the records set by Boardwalk Empire and Banshee for quantities of whiskey drank :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

The ending was dull but the beginning where he was at Abby's (Imaginary) funeral with the gallery owner was strange. I expected somebody from the family to be killed at the end as the show badly needs a shakeup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    The ending was dull but the beginning where he was at Abby's (Imaginary) funeral with the gallery owner was strange. I expected somebody from the family to be killed at the end as the show badly needs a shakeup

That bit made no sense. You were left thinking that the ending was going to be traumatic for Ray in some way (as in he was going to lose somebody close to him). If anything it was the complete opposite.

Advertisement