Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Donovan [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The tension built again this week yet with the announcement of the renewal that final shot means nothing they killed the drama.

Sound, I thought it was out tomorrow. Really enjoyed that episode, brilliant season but yupp the reveal has definitely delivered a blow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Great episode and end to it to setup to the final episode but the renewal means you know Ray is safe whereas he's probably the 1 that's in most trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭moby2101

Best and getting better!!!
    2 episodes left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

moby2101 wrote: »
    Best and getting better!!!
    2 episodes left

3 episodes left according to IMDB, but then again I don't trust IMDB as much as I used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Just caught up. That was some ending. Script writers really earning their wages this year. I'm rarely guessing what's coming up.

For the overall story, I.. I dunno. Are they all just gonna end up permanently hospitalised from being hit in the head too much?
    ejmaztec wrote: »
    3 episodes left according to IMDB, but then again I don't trust IMDB as much as I used to.
    Wiki also says 3 episodes:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ray_Donovan_episodes#Season_6_(2018)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A great use of Dirty Dancing in this weeks episode.

The Donovan's are going to war!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Mickey's body language and accent are class.

Again, I'm nowhere near guessing where the writers are going. Getting so tense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Didn't like her at the start but I enjoyed the Sandy auld wan character in this season. She's a female Mickey and every bit as off the wall. Her letching of Darryl is pure creep though.

This week was the claim episode before next weeks finale.

The start of closing off this seasons stories this week and Rick Astley perfectly placed.

• Advertisement

That was the calm!? :eek:

I was just like.. 'this is surreal' in parts because of where it was going.

THEN like I was shocked at how shocked I was during Smittys scene. I just didn't see him even doing that. Like how did that enter his mind as the way to do it.
    He went straight for murder and not trying to knock yer man out with a blow to the head.. which also could've easily have killed him

and then:
    The start of closing off this seasons stories this week and Rick Astley perfectly placed.
    when they panned back into the car :eek:

Not sure if it's a different showrunner, writers or what but this season is absolute quality, brilliant penultimate episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Some aggression from Ray!

A great closure to a great season.

The opening 10 minutes were great all the Donovan's doing what comes second nature to them while Smitty was a deer in headlights.

To be honest that ending was also shot as a series finale I think.

I would have been very happy for that to have been the ending to the series.

Is it out already?

It’s on the showtime streaming app.

Amazing thanks AC

Unbelievable opening scene

A great closure to a great season.

The opening 10 minutes were great all the Donovan's doing what comes second nature to them while Smitty was a deer in headlights.

To be honest that ending was also shot as a series finale I think.

I would have been very happy for that to have been the ending to the series.

Will it be though? I'd be happy with it to be the ending too tbh.

I don't believe Winslow would have hanged herself so am i right in thinking it was Lena that did it?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Will it be though? I'd be happy with it to be the ending too tbh.

I don't believe Winslow would have hanged herself so am i right in thinking it was Lena that did it?

No it's been renewed.

Brilliant brilliant season. Agreed Coulson, I'd be happy if it had ended like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I enjoyed this season a lot, glad they ratched it up again. Have no clue what next season holds, just pray it doesn't involve morphing Ray into an always blubbering "reformed" type.

Damn, that was surreal at the end!

Me thinks someone on the script team saw this or already knew similar to it:
    https://medium.com/drmstream/snow-was-general-all-over-ireland-the-last-paragraph-of-joyces-the-dead-48b08b4c3b1f
    First, take away the adverbs:
    • softly
    • softly
    • thickly
    • slowly
    • faintly
    • faintly

Then the adjectives:
    • dark
    • mutinous
    • Shannon
    • lonely
    • crooked
    • little
    • barren
    • last

Now, read it again, without the adverbs and the adjectives:

Yes, the newspapers were right: snow was general all over Ireland. It was falling upon the Bog of Allen and, further westwards, falling into the waves. It was falling too upon every part of the churchyard where Michael Furey lay buried. It lay drifted on the crosses and headstones, on the spears of the gate, on the thorns. His soul swooned as he heard the snow falling through the universe and falling, like the descent of their end, upon all the living and the dead.
    Joyce doesn’t take life away from Gabriel, just the protection of his self-delusions. After this night, Gabriel will have to live life knowingly in the shadow of the dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Mc Love wrote: »

Ray killed her for her part in causing Bridget to be kidnapped and left Lena do Vinny with the ol' hop out the window on a rope trick for killing her (ex)girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Great season but should've finished there tbh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Great episode to finish the whole show, everything in a nice bow and happy families, I might give next season a miss because I can't remember a show that doesn't go downhill after a finish like that, I can see Alan Aldo having a far bigger input into next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The show completely jumped the shark with the opening to the final episode. Bridget serving sandwiches and then chopping off heads was retarded. ‘Oh but that’s there nature, they’re Donovan’s’, bull****. The season was fairly stupid but entertaining. Mickey and Bunchie are on the run but nobody from law enforcement checks out Terrys gym was ridiculous. Jesus the keystone cops would have caught those 2 in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

lol, there was a lot of "willing disbelief" required to really enjoy this season, but the way it was done this season wasn't too much of an ask. Jon Voight's presence alone makes me forgive them almost anything.....almost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

What a season. May even be the best season so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The show completely jumped the shark with the opening to the final episode. Bridget serving sandwiches and then chopping off heads was retarded. ‘Oh but that’s there nature, they’re Donovan’s’, bull****. The season was fairly stupid but entertaining. Mickey and Bunchie are on the run but nobody from law enforcement checks out Terrys gym was ridiculous. Jesus the keystone cops would have caught those 2 in a few days.

There weren't enough cops to go around, most of them were buried in Aunt Sandy's garden.

Advertisement