Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Donovan [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Most annoying thing is the accent of wife Donovan..... there mut be plenty of actresses who can do a Boston accent... this lady unfortunately cannot.

The Norn Iron accent is very hard to mask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Best episode yet. Loved the acid trip :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Maybe I missed it but why us mickey trying to get back at Elliot gourds character?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

sweetie wrote: »
    Maybe I missed it but why us mickey trying to get back at Elliot gourds character?

My interpretation so far is that we don't know exactly why, but it is definitely something to do with Ezra (Elliot Gould) playing a part in the setup that sent Mickey down.

sweetie wrote: »

The actor character whom Mickey has sent threats to shot Ray's girlfriend with Mickey's gun while on Mickey's drugs. Elliot Gould, Ray and the others conspired to have Mickey take the rap. It's why they are all so afraid of him, they expect him to take revenge.

• Advertisement

Superb episode this week. This is really picking up now.
    The actor character whom Mickey has sent threats to shot Ray's girlfriend with Mickey's gun while on Mickey's drugs. Elliot Gould, Ray and the others conspired to have Mickey take the rap. It's why they are all so afraid of him, they expect him to take revenge.

Ah, that's what it was. I knew I had missed something. I shouldn't have watched that episode half asleep :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Brilliant episode as always! Easily becoming one of my fav's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

In spite of all its weaknesses it's very watchable. 7 eps in and only one dud so far (the golem).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,236 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Another excellent episode, great pace, interesting characters, great acting, lots of intrigue and mystery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If the actor guy shot Ray's girlfriend, why is he so pally with him and work for him, even if he was on drugs at the time. Is the main source of his hate for Mick that it was Mickey's drugs that caused the actor to kill the girlfriend?

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    If the actor guy shot Ray's girlfriend, why is he so pally with him and work for him, even if he was on drugs at the time. Is the main source of his hate for Mick that it was Mickey's drugs that caused the actor to kill the girlfriend?

I'm assuming that either Ray didn't particularly care for the girl or Ezra was able to offer more money than Ray could ever imagine earning. The hatred for Mickey seems to stem from before the shooting and I'm assuming that it has something to do with Ray's sisters suicide.

Loved Mickeys line in the bank, " last time I was in a bank I had a stocking on my head"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

watched 'the Golem' on sky go last night. Loved the 'nosey c**t' line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The last episode wasn't as strong as the others, If Jon Voight is not a regular character I think the show would lose most of its appeal, he's the best thing in it.

I don't mind the wife, she is meant to sound like a trashy Boston knack.

The daughter needs to die though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,236 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Dermighty wrote: »
    The last episode wasn't as strong as the others, If Jon Voight is not a regular character I think the show would lose most of its appeal, he's the best thing in it.

Agreed, weird brow freaks me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Dermighty wrote: »

Problem is..... its a poor impression of a Boston Knack.

A local would have been better.

& I agree though, neither Donovan child adds anything to the show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just watched all 7 episodes over 3 days, love this show, the only new show i actually like over the last year or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Making my way thru the episodes so far, very ****ing good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

i get the feeling Mickey may have sexually abused his daughter. Thus the hate from Ray.
    His wife is annoying, a bit like Carmella in the Sopranos. Loves the money, knew all along how it was earned, but wants to complain still.
    Some of the criticisms in this thread are fairly poor. The people complaining about there being a lot of unanswered questions should wait until the season ends.

What happened to the guy in rehab who was messaging Rays son?
    Why did Ray need Sully to kill Mickey? Surely he knows another "guy" to do it. His reason for wanting someone else with as much hate to be the killer is lame

EyeSight wrote: »
    i get the feeling Mickey may have sexually abused his daughter. Thus the hate from Ray.
    His wife is annoying, a bit like Carmella in the Sopranos. Loves the money, knew all along how it was earned, but wants to complain still.
    Some of the criticisms in this thread are fairly poor. The people complaining about there being a lot of unanswered questions should wait until the season ends.

What happened to the guy in rehab who was messaging Rays son?
    Why did Ray need Sully to kill Mickey? Surely he knows another "guy" to do it. His reason for wanting someone else with as much hate to be the killer is lame

It's not that there are unanswered questions that's the issue but rather how the show keeps rehashing the same issues week in week out. I'm still loving the show but that's more down to the performances than anything else. I imagine that way wants Sully to kill Mickey as he wants Micket to see it coming, he wants him to know that it was his own son who facilitated it all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

EyeSight wrote: »

It's a valid criticism. I like it but like Darko said it makes for repetitive viewing. I would have dropped it if Jon Voigt and some of the others weren't so fun to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

One of the best episodes of the series last Sunday!

I wasn't expecting that ending this week :eek:

Paully D wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting that ending this week :eek:
    Ah in fairness, it was kinda obv as the two of them were talking and then he turned his back on Mickey.

He shoulda taken the glass with him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

kaimera wrote: »
    Ah in fairness, it was kinda obv as the two of them were talking and then he turned his back on Mickey.

He shoulda taken the glass with him too.

And those pictures. But I suspect they'll fit perfectly into a frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Where is the next episode?

Where is the next episode?

Labour Day Weekend in the US means that most shows skip a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Labour Day Weekend in the US means that most shows skip a week.

Well thats ruined my monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Brilliant episode tonight,best of the series in my view,
    mikeys got the upper hand now and sullys gonna be coming for ray
    And whats the song that was played at the end?
    cool tune

• Advertisement

Between this and breaking bad today...dayum.

Cracking episode

Advertisement