Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Donovan [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

Loved it when Micky takes the cutlery out of his pocket!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Really agree it's been a poor season nothing really happening the best part was Ray dancing in the horrors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm pretty sure Cookie saw her right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

brijay wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm pretty sure Cookie saw her right?

That's debatable. He rolled his eyes towards the backseat when he pointed the gun at Marvin, but he never acknowledged her. Also, it's highly unlikely he'd want to leave any witnesses, so no, I'm not so sure he saw her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ray's dancing reminded me of Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is it just me that's still really enjoying this show? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Paully D wrote: »

Nope - i'm enjoying it too. Think it's better than Season 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Paully D wrote: »

I'm loving it. Mickey living in a kip with Bunk from The Wire on his case all the time is just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Ah come on lads! its absolutely brilliant!

Really enjoying it, I hope Ray doesnt do a deal with Cookie, hope he goes to sort him out:cool::cool:

Very slick show. Probably my absolute favourite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

martyos121 wrote: »
    That's debatable. He rolled his eyes towards the backseat when he pointed the gun at Marvin, but he never acknowledged her. Also, it's highly unlikely he'd want to leave any witnesses, so no, I'm not so sure he saw her.
    Better he'd seen her than him shooting Ray Donovan's daughter. He wouldn't be that stupid.

Having said that, I don't think he saw her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I think its possible he saw her, he says something to his accomplice when he gets back in the car, killing Rays daughter would be incredibly dumb and he knows that, he also knows that being Rays daughter the likelihood of her going to the police, or more to the point, Ray allowing her to go to the police is practically zero.

When I watched the episode I figured he had seen her, might give it a re watch and take another look, don't see how they would not have known she was with them though since they were obviously tailing them, probably from the studio so surely they would have seen her get in the car or at some point in the journey, she had only laid down on the seat just before **** hit the fan.

It has really exploded the season imo, I have enjoyed it as is, the slower build up, going further into the characters and the development taking place is great to me. Now I think the season will pick up some steam though, has to be some serious consequences to the double murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

kryogen wrote: »
    I think its possible he saw her, he says something to his accomplice when he gets back in the car, killing Rays daughter would be incredibly dumb and he knows that, he also knows that being Rays daughter the likelihood of her going to the police, or more to the point, Ray allowing her to go to the police is practically zero. .

When he looked back though, Marvin called him to get his attention, and with the blacked out windows, he would have had to look pretty closely to spot her.
    Why would he think that someone would be LYING in the back seat?

Great show, we came to it a little late, it's filling the gap left by GOTY, Mad Men and The Good Wife...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I hope Ray shoots his wife the next time she says "you're dirty business"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Abi is doing my head in atm, I liked her at the start now I just want her to go away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

She's an absolute geebag tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That was a great episode, definitely one of the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I hope Bunchy's problem goes away by then.

Is he going to turn into an abuser now?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is he going to turn into an abuser now?

That was a really odd scene. My take was that he was trying to describe how his experience was affecting his ability to deal with that type of situation but communicated it badly - she obviously took it to mean that he was already an abuser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

Enjoying the show but don"t care about Ray any more. More invested in Terry and Bunchy and hope they make it out ok but i doubt it. Mickeys a using prick, good riddance, Hope he gets a bullet in the head. Horrible person brilliantaly done by Voight. Delighted to see Apu get his uppence too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Desperate Bunk might be a lot of fun if the poker table scene was anything to go by. Expecting the creepy photographer to play a big part in the end of this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Balaclavas and no gloves and leave fingerprints everywhere while robbing a place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I guess the Five-o are going to find the vid of cookie now too!! I think its shaping up to be a good finish to amok season....

Anybody ever notice that Elliott Gould plays a Jew in this? Because I never noticed it until they bludgeoned the point home in this ep.

Anybody ever notice that Elliott Gould plays a Jew in this? Because I never noticed it until they bludgeoned the point home in this ep.

It was shown that he's jewish a number of times in series one.

I don't think he's ever been in a scene where they didn't beat the point home though. It's a bit OTT.

Did they show what was in the cops hand when he pulled them over??

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

It is his character, he became obsessive about his religion since the death of his wife. Great character, works well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Did they show what was in the cops hand when he pulled them over??

Small bag of drugs.. He's shown throwing it onto the couch in his place.

• Advertisement

Small bag of drugs.. He's shown throwing it onto the couch in his place.

Anybody think his partner knew Cookie through being paid off by Cookie or being scared of him. He seemed very reluctant to go to the car and was apologising to Cookie.

Advertisement