Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Donovan [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It is his character, he became obsessive about his religion since the death of his wife. Great character, works well.
    This makes a lot more sense actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody think his partner knew Cookie through being paid off by Cookie or being scared of him. He seemed very reluctant to go to the car and was apologising to Cookie.

No, for me it was more a case of knowing the leading officer was escalating a situation of his own doing and a potential flashpoint was possible. He was standing in the cars blindspot too so if anything kicked off, he could react with clean shots

I watched alot of Southland.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Can anyone explain what happened with the explosion? Did Connor put one of the canisters where it's not supposed to go or what's the story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Can anyone explain what happened with the explosion? Did Connor put one of the canisters where it's not supposed to go or what's the story?

The old dude with the oxygen mask who lived across the corridor from Mickey tried to light a smoke from the gas valve, whatever way he did it I;m not sure, but it caused either the gas or the oxygen tanks he was toting about to explode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

It looked like he turned on the gas to light the cig from the cooker but it wasn't clear to me what caused the explosion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Canisters contained pure oxygen,highly flammable! The flame from gas cooker would have lit oxegen in tubes and travelled to canister and then.....KABOOM!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

frag420 wrote: »
    Canisters contained pure oxygen,highly flammable! The flame from gas cooker would have lit oxegen in tubes and travelled to canister and then.....KABOOM!!

Oxygen isn't flammable but it is on telly
    It causes flammable things the flame better but that explosion made no sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The security guard was badass.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

Tigger wrote: »
    Oxygen isn't flammable but it is on telly
    It causes flammable things the flame better but that explosion made no sense

They made a point of showing Connor changing the regulator on the oxygen tank and turning the dial way up. I'm assuming whole tank leaked so the room was full of pure oxygen when the old guy went to light up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Damn, I'm actually going to miss Shorty. He was a nice man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Turpentine wrote: »
    They made a point of showing Connor changing the regulator on the oxygen tank and turning the dial way up. I'm assuming whole tank leaked so the room was full of pure oxygen when the old guy went to light up.

So Connor killed Shorty

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Connor killed Shorty

Cwaner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Brilliant ending set's up next season lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Still laughing at the fight in the house with the tennis racket :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭prodsc

Still laughing at the fight in the house with the tennis racket :-)

Darryl showing us what a wimp he is never seen anyone run so slow, same at the racetrack! His father outrunning him both times!

Didnt even know it was the Finale but a great finale all the same.Sad for Ray about Kate but at the same time i kind of knew it was inevitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

Didnt even know it was the Finale but a great finale all the same.Sad for Ray about Kate but at the same time i kind of knew it was inevitable.

That wasn't the finale. Final episode is on tonight.

twomonkeys wrote: »
    That wasn't the finale. Final episode is on tonight.

It was, I'm watching it on US time, it airs Sundays

The whole Mickey winning the dosh though..............meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭prodsc

The whole Mickey winning the dosh though..............meh.

50/1 in a 6(?) horse race!!:p

That's tv though.

• Advertisement

prodsc wrote: »
    50/1 in a 6(?) horse race!!:p

That's tv though.

By a horse that "spoke" to him.

I've a mate like that...................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭squonk

I wish someone would wack Mickey at this point. He's a tool and most of his plots don't seem to go anywhere bar exploding dramatically all of a sudden. It's a payoff but you put in plenty of time before then wondering what's up.

Ezra, glad he's getting some comeuppance. I just don't get the character. Yes, I know he's Ray's mentor etc. but he keeps getting referred to as some legendary hard man/gangster type who you don't cross on your life but in actual fact he's a bat-shít crazy old fart living day to day on delusions that make Ronald Regan and his missus dabblings with tarot cards look rational. He's definitely one character on the show I'd love to see getting carted off to jail or getting a bullet. The show would improve without him.

squonk wrote: »
    I wish someone would wack Mickey at this point. He's a tool and most of his plots don't seem to go anywhere bar exploding dramatically all of a sudden. It's a payoff but you put in plenty of time before then wondering what's up.

Ezra, glad he's getting some comeuppance. I just don't get the character. Yes, I know he's Ray's mentor etc. but he keeps getting referred to as some legendary hard man/gangster type who you don't cross on your life but in actual fact he's a bat-shít crazy old fart living day to day on delusions that make Ronald Regan and his missus dabblings with tarot cards look rational. He's definitely one character on the show I'd love to see getting carted off to jail or getting a bullet. The show would improve without him.
    I've never got the impression that Ezra was a legendary hard man/gangster , not from any episode anyway.he helped Ray put away Mickey and helped him get to LA but in terms of him being a gangster that is definelty not the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭squonk

Well perhaps I misread but that episode where Ezra goes crazy looking for more money for his stupid hospital and forces Ray to collect a debt from a widow. Ray takes pity on her even though she says that you have to pay if you owe Ezra money. I believe the implication was that he was a bit of a hard man. Yes, Ray is his enforcer now but it does sound like you'll come off the worse end of the bargain if you don't play ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I liked that finale a lot. Hope Steve comes back though because he was a great creepy character in the background of the Cookie stuff. Was hoping Ray's wife would be killed off though (still hoping).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

I would love if season 3 focus' more on Ray actually working, I love the parts where he's fixing shît !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I've never got the impression that Ezra was a legendary hard man/gangster , not from any episode anyway.he helped Ray put away Mickey and helped him get to LA but in terms of him being a gangster that is definelty not the case.

Ezra is Rays mentor though, and was/is a legendary character, like Ray. A gangster/hardman is not an unfair description, obviously at this point in is life he has passed over the more hands on stuff to Ray, you an still see the influence though and the ruthlessness at times.

Edit: It is stated at some point in the show, where I can't remember, but it is there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I would love if season 3 focus' more on Ray actually working, I love the parts where he's fixing shît !

Absolutely, more broken shelves and plumbing issues, come on Ray fix that ****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

squonk wrote: »
    Well perhaps I misread but that episode where Ezra goes crazy looking for more money for his stupid hospital and forces Ray to collect a debt from a widow. Ray takes pity on her even though she says that you have to pay if you owe Ezra money. I believe the implication was that he was a bit of a hard man. Yes, Ray is his enforcer now but it does sound like you'll come off the worse end of the bargain if you don't play ball.

I think it was meant that he gets what he wants through people like Ray, blackmail or heavy handed lawyer techniques. Not in a Tony Soprano sort of way

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Dub_Steve

Really enjoy this show, the scene where Mickey brings the girl he met in the spa back to his house and then goes and gets a gun. Classic

Advertisement