Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Donovan [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

On episode 7 of Series 2 here now. Really enjoy this show. The only bit that annoys me is that Marvin dude saying "shawdy". Cringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Have to say, the season 2 finale was pretty fantastic. I thought this season started out a bit weak but they really upped their game throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Nzinga

Awesome show! Can't wait for season three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭laurenhiggins

When is the next season starting back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭prodsc

It's usually a Summer show, June or July.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭laurenhiggins

prodsc wrote:
    It's usually a Summer show, June or July.
    great can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,697 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

July 12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Looks like a great storyline, classic Ray "whats to like" about Paige's family :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 3 opener is out there and the season is off to a good start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

It was a brilliant episode.
    I knew Mickey was bad, but not that bad. Welcome to the hotel California
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Solid start to the new series.. Lots of ups and down ahead no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭prodsc

Has the season started early, I thought it was July 12 in the States? Was that episode leaked or will there be an episode next week?

Good start.
    Ian McShane has got wrinkly and looks tiny beside Ray!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Good episode.
    Ray's violence is good to watch.

I thought the cowboy hat was a nice touch in the Mickey scenes.

Any Big Lebowski fans reading this? I spotted 5 (arguably 6) references; unconscious on the writers part, I guess, or maybe a coincidence, or the writers are Lebowski fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭squonk

Liking the look of this season.
    Personally I think killing off Ezra is a big plus. I never really warmed to the character. Less Tasha Yar now though I suppose? Ian McShane is a great addition. I wonder is he being lined up as Ezra II?

The Mickey storyline is intersting this season and my real quibble with previous seasons i.e. the general slowness seems to not be a problem so far based on this epiose anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like this episode was leaked early. Apologies to anyone who has read the posts above before seeing it. I've added spoiler tags.

First episode official airdate is July 12th. Please use spoiler tags if discussing Ep 1 before then, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Found episode two of this season to be not as good as the first episode but still reasonably strong. Still strikes me as a show that could do with some serious character culls though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

lizzyman wrote: »
    Found episode two of this season to be not as good as the first episode but still reasonably strong. Still strikes me as a show that could do with some serious character culls though.

Yeah, it was pretty slow. Still good though. Jon Voight lights up the screen every time he's on it. Bunchy:p. Donovans son :p:p

Which characters do you reckon need culling? Unlike some other recent shows I'm enjoying every story line. I never enjoyed the daughters story line so its good to see her with little screen time.

I think after a strong opener they're just slowing things down again like has happened previously. The Ian McShane angle is much better than Ira previously. Micky and his son/sidekick is compelling as well.

Abbey's story just seems to be more of the same. Pissed off and freaking out. It's getting a bit old at this stage.

squonk wrote: »
    Abbey's story just seems to be more of the same. Pissed off and freaking out. It's getting a bit old at this stage.

Couldn't agree more. It's really starting to put a drain on the show.

This weeks episode was slower than the opening alright, but I expected it would be. There's plenty of paths this show can explore now. Any idea what the craic with the priest is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Good start to the new season,
    Abbey and the kids just annoy me at this stage
    Bring back Avi Ray!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'd love to see a scene where Abbey storms into Ian McShane's office and call him a cocksucka.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Yeah, it was pretty slow. Still good though. Jon Voight lights up the screen every time he's on it. Bunchy:p. Donovans son :p:p

Which characters do you reckon need culling? Unlike some other recent shows I'm enjoying every story line. I never enjoyed the daughters story line so its good to see her with little screen time.

The wife for starters. Couldn't care less about her and the dog.

Bunchy really, really drags the show down. Bad enough last week with him cleaning the toilets with a toothbrush for that weird Mexican wrestler chick but jesus it was painful watching him shopping for breastmilk this episode. The fúck were the writers smoking when they came up with that?

I really liked this week's episode. For once a few things actually happened and there was some immediacy and an attempt to progress the story. To me it felt like the most accessible and enjoyable episode since this show started. Overall I'm much more impressed with Season 2.

I'd kind of agree with Bunchy being a weak link. I'm not sure what he adds. We've know all along he's a bit of a simpleton and suffered the outcomes of abuse worse than the rest of them.

It also seems like Abbey has very little to do in the show at this point. I couldn't blame Ray for nailing any piece of ass he encounters given she's whats waiting for him at home! For me the stupid 2 episode dog cameo took the biscuit. It's like they're just inventing storylines for her at this stage. I wish she'd do something useful or just get written out.

Really enjoyed this weeks episode. Best episode in a long long time. I actually felt sorry for mickey at one point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I really enjoyed the latest episode but agree that Bunchy is dragging the show down.

Advertisement