Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mould and deposit?

Options
  • 10-02-2012 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Right, here goes. Hopefully very soon we will be handing in our notice to our landlady. We've been here for two years and I must say she's by far the best landlady we've ever had. I'd like to think we've been good tenants too and have probably made the house nicer since we moved in. Plus, as a clean freak, it has always been spotless.
    However, the house doesn't have any vents in the walls. It instead has tiny ones built it to the windows which are useless. As a result there's mildew round the window frames, on the sills and on some of the blinds. We've tried washing it but it doesn't come off 100%. Anyway, does anyone know if this could effect us getting our deposit back? I'm all on for opening the windows and airing out the house in the summer but not when it's freezing cold outside! Thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Get something like Dettol Mould and Mildew remover. Works for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

Right, here goes. Hopefully very soon we will be handing in our notice to our landlady. We've been here for two years and I must say she's by far the best landlady we've ever had. I'd like to think we've been good tenants too and have probably made the house nicer since we moved in. Plus, as a clean freak, it has always been spotless.
    However, the house doesn't have any vents in the walls. It instead has tiny ones built it to the windows which are useless. As a result there's mildew round the window frames, on the sills and on some of the blinds. We've tried washing it but it doesn't come off 100%. Anyway, does anyone know if this could effect us getting our deposit back? I'm all on for opening the windows and airing out the house in the summer but not when it's freezing cold outside! Thanks in advance guys.

do you open the vents that are there ? ( even on days when its freezing cold outside )

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dufferlover

gigino wrote: »

do you open the vents that are there ? ( even on days when its freezing cold outside )

Yup, they are permanently open, 24/7.

Advertisement