Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone use CheapSmells.com or StrawberryNet.com to buy fragrances?

Options
  • 10-02-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

Are they genuine products and were you charged taxes?

Would you recommend them? Did you receive your item off them quickly?

Thinking of ordering off them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Strawberrynet.com - tonnes of times. Loads of threads on boards.ie about them..

No problems they are a genuine site, they have a good discount structure in place for repeat business.

This is from their website - When you put in your e-mail address on checkout your loyalty bonus kicks in, plus they have an automatic 5% discount aswell if you buy 3 products at the one time, aswell as the following loyalty bonus.

• You can obtain frequent customer benefits without all the hassle of membership.
    • Special Loyalty Discounts
    • Automatically calculated from your second order onwards.
    • 2nd order extra 1% off
    • 3rd order extra 2% off
    • 4th order extra 3% off
    • 5th order extra 4% off
    • Extra [SIZE=+1]5% off[/SIZE] your [SIZE=+1]6th[/SIZE] order (6th until 9th order)
    • Extra [SIZE=+1]7.5% off[/SIZE] your [SIZE=+1]10th[/SIZE] order (10th until 19th order)
    • Extra [SIZE=+1]10% off[/SIZE] your [SIZE=+1]20th[/SIZE] order (and all future orders)
    • You don't have to fill in any forms, create a password, or do any registration. You're automatically added once your first order is placed and recorded under your e-mail address.
    • The discount is automatically calculated at the checkout page (not in the shopping cart) after entry of your email address.
    • Changed your email address since your last order? Please Contact Us and we will change your record accordingly.
    • You can also sign up for our regular newsletters advising you of the latest products and special discount offers from our website.
    • Plus, you'll receive an extra 1-5% off when you order 2 or more products
    • Plus FREE Shipping Worldwide for skincare and makeup
    • Shop regularly with www.strawberrynet.com for fantastic savings!

As for their Customs Tax policy - this is from their website - I have never had a problem with them refunding both the VAT and the cost of the customs clearance if it gets stopped by An Post (but they nearly always do nowadays, Celtic tiger days An Post didn't bother stopping them and sending them to customs for clearance but now they do (the purple ribbon around the box is a dead giveaway !!), you send them on a copy of the receipt (VAT charge and Customs Clearance charge and they will usually refund your Credit card within a few days)

• VAT, taxes and duties
    • We ship to over 200 countries worldwide.
    • Over 90% of orders are delivered without additional customs charges, especially in USA, Australia and New Zealand.
    • In the event that you are charged VAT or additional taxes when your order is delivered we will reimburse for your expense. We do this on a purely goodwill basis as we are not obligated to cover VAT costs.
    • To be reimbursed for your expense, please collect your package and pay any taxes and keep the receipt. You can then submit a VAT claim through our website and we will refund the amount of the charge. All refund claims must be made within 6 months from your order date.
    All around I'd recommend them, their prices have increased in recent times but still better value than on the "high" street in my experience.

Let me know if you need any more specific information as I've ordered off them loads of times.

No info on cheapsmells.com, weird web name, then again so is strawberrynet.com :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Used them both lots of times. Both are legit and dont deal in counterfeit stuff. Beware that both are located outside the EU and while I've never been caught, there is a change you could be unlucky and need to pay duty on whatever you get if it costs more than €22 including postage.

Used them both lots of times. Both are legit and dont deal in counterfeit stuff. Beware that both are located outside the EU and while I've never been caught, there is a change you could be unlucky and need to pay duty on whatever you get if it costs more than €22 including postage.

I think it's V.A.T. you pay, as their goods are rated 0% for duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

vicwatson wrote: »

As for their Customs Tax policy - this is from their website - I have never had a problem with them refunding both the VAT and the cost of the customs clearance if it gets stopped by An Post (but they nearly always do nowadays, Celtic tiger days An Post didn't bother stopping them and sending them to customs for clearance but now they do (the purple ribbon around the box is a dead giveaway !!), you send them on a copy of the receipt (VAT charge and Customs Clearance charge and they will usually refund your Credit card within a few days)

Thanks.

Do the fragrances get delivered to your door then you have to pay the tax after you receive your good or is it held by AnPost until you pay the tax/customs clearance?

How much roughly would tax and clearance be on a €66 bottle of aftershave?

Thanks.

Do the fragrances get delivered to your door then you have to pay the tax after you receive your good or is it held by AnPost until you pay the tax/customs clearance?

How much roughly would tax and clearance be on a €66 bottle of aftershave?

Yes, delivered to your door and you give the postman a cheque or cash (get a receipt)

My last order in December totalled €208.12

The V.A.T. was €43.68 plus €6.00 customs clearance charge by An Post.

So if your total bill was €66.00 / 23% (V.A.T.) = €15.18 plus €6.00 = €21.18

They will reimburse you this no problem though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

I've bought from cheapsmells.com several times and most recently before christmas, didn't realise they were outside the EU:confused:

I just pay around €5. delivery. Never had to pay cash on delivery:confused: - only credit card or paypal. Never had any problems and great value!

Haven't used strawberrynet for years as I find them more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

cheapsmells i use and its always here within in three to four days, no duty or handing over cheques or whatever people are talking about.

You order, you pay and it arrives.

I guess it depends on what you want, cheapsmells don't seem to have Chanel for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

livEwirE wrote: »
    I've bought from cheapsmells.com several times and most recently before christmas, didn't realise they were outside the EU:confused:

I just pay around €5. delivery. Never had to pay cash on delivery:confused: - only credit card or paypal. Never had any problems and great value!

Haven't used strawberrynet for years as I find them more expensive.

Do you pay the £3 option, or do you use the £6 signed for or international parcels option for delivery?
    0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    cheapsmells i use and its always here within in three to four days, no duty or handing over cheques or whatever people are talking about.

You order, you pay and it arrives.
    Same q
    Do you pay the £3 option, or do you use the £6 signed for or international parcels option for delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

20fe0i1.jpg

Just tried a sample order and here are the delivery options to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Not suprised they offer such great deals, their prices are extorionate :eek:

33e for a 250ml bottle of Kerastase shampoo that's 19e down the hairdressers, and 15e on shampoo.ie

Advertisement