Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laminate flooring starting to peel

• 10-02-2012 5:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

Hi all,

I have laminate flooring in my home office that was put down in 2006. Over the last few months, I've noticed it start to peel at the edges where the pieces meet - see photo 01.

Is there any way to fix this? I really don't want to have to get it redone, as there is a custom desk that was fitted on top of it - see photo 02.

As far as the cause, it's mainly occurring where my chair rolls around on it; so it's likely that. I will be putting a floor mat down - but I'd also like to repair the damage if it's an option.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

don't think there's much you can do with laminate.
    Can you remember the brand and style of the flooring you got? If so you could take the boards up as far as the desk and relay from that point

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Sapphire Moonchild

Got it from Carpetright, but it was end of the range, and it was picked up cheap - €5 a pack.

No worries - will stick a mat down, and that'll stop it getting worse.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Hi all,

I have laminate flooring in my home office that was put down in 2006. Over the last few months, I've noticed it start to peel at the edges where the pieces meet - see photo 01.

Is there any way to fix this? I really don't want to have to get it redone, as there is a custom desk that was fitted on top of it - see photo 02.

As far as the cause, it's mainly occurring where my chair rolls around on it; so it's likely that. I will be putting a floor mat down - but I'd also like to repair the damage if it's an option.

Thanks in advance.

That can happen with laminate if water gets in. Unlikely it's just the weight of your chair. The one thing you can't do with that stuff is take a mop to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I laid an entire house with carpet right laminate flooring before. It was the worst laminate flooring I have ever laid.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do apart from taking up the floor as far as the area that is peeling and relaying the floor with the exact same laminate flooring.

I mean the exact same that you originally bought if your lucky to still have some that was stored in a dry place. If it was stored in a damp area it will be useless as it will have swollen.

Best bet it you don't have any to replace it with would be to get a new floor laid down

Advertisement