Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5x5 Program - Barbell rows

• 10-02-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Just started this program today and having trouble with the barbell rows. Cant seem to keep my back in the correct posture so was thinking of substituting the barbell rows for dumbbell rows.
    I know you are meant to do these programs exactly how they are stated but will it make much difference. Ive been reading a few articles and there seems to be different opinions. I dont want to do barbell rows if Im gonna end up injuring myself but then again if im not doing the program properly whats the point. Should I just stick at the barbell rows and practice technique

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

m.j.w wrote: »
    Just started this program today and having trouble with the barbell rows. Cant seem to keep my back in the correct posture so was thinking of substituting the barbell rows for dumbbell rows.
    I know you are meant to do these programs exactly how they are stated but will it make much difference. Ive been reading a few articles and there seems to be different opinions. I dont want to do barbell rows if Im gonna end up injuring myself but then again if im not doing the program properly whats the point. Should I just stick at the barbell rows and practice technique

I don't like bb rows for the same reason but I do like Pendlay rows

Resetting the weight on each rep helps to keep posture and back arched etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

token wrote: »
    I don't like bb rows for the same reason but I do like Pendlay rows

You better hope Glennnn Friennnnd doesn't see you wrote that.

Advertisement