Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold consumables

Options
  • 10-02-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

After playn IC in clan wars last night, it was established by one of our more observant members that they were using gold consumables and most likly gold shells as well.
    these consumables (choclate, extra rations etc ) give your crew a 10% boost for the duration of the batle. they cost 50 gold per battle.
    Should we as a clan start using them also?
    If you have enough land, the treasury should be able to support a percentage of the cost, but to get enough land and hold it, everybody should at least be using gold shells.
    So what do ye think?

im not sure tbh as everybody in the battle would need to be using them or no one.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'd expect gold shells in any landing battle; if people are not willing to put in gold then I'd suggest subbing them out for people that do as it does make a noticeable difference (esp. on IS-7s).

I'd not be so sure on that they used gold consumables how ever as it would replace certain key items (i.e. fire extinguisher, repair kit etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Nody wrote: »
    I'd not be so sure on that they used gold consumables how ever as it would replace certain key items (i.e. fire extinguisher, repair kit etc.)

Well there's the gold repair kits , fire extinguishers and med kits , reckon only the repair kit would be of use , it's not often that you'd get two crew members taken out in one shot

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Well there's the gold repair kits , fire extinguishers and med kits , reckon only the repair kit would be of use , it's not often that you'd get two crew members taken out in one shot

whatever about getting gold repair kit, extra rations and choclate will increase every function of the tank by 10%, aiming time, reload etc. a handy boost for arty at least that would not really need medi kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

I'd expect gold shells in any landing battle; if people are not willing to put in gold then I'd suggest subbing them out for people that do as it does make a noticeable difference (esp. on IS-7s).

Honestly I don't notice much of a difference using gold in my IS-7, and if ppl can't use gold should they really be subbed out?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

phil3995 wrote: »
    Honestly I don't notice much of a difference using gold in my IS-7, and if ppl can't use gold should they really be subbed out?
    Why not use a T9 over a T10 or someone with 90% crew over 100% crew? If the choice is User A with Gold ammo (lets say an IS-7) and user B with out then User A is the preferred choice because every little bit of advantage helps and you can be sure our enemy is likely to use it again us.

Regarding the IS-7, the difference is penetration. I've noticed a significant increase in damage due to the additional penetration it has esp. when going up front to front with Mauses and the like (i.e. a T30 makes no difference, a Maus or IS-7 does). On the other side if I look at my 261 the increase in splash (5.14m to 7.62m, same penetration & damage) is much more limited use (only get half splash increase and the arty is accurate) and hence spending gold on ammo is of less value (but once again given the choice between a 261 with or with out gold then the choice would be the 261 with gold).

• Advertisement

Why not use a T9 over a T10 or someone with 90% crew over 100% crew? If the choice is User A with Gold ammo (lets say an IS-7) and user B with out then User A is the preferred choice because every little bit of advantage helps and you can be sure our enemy is likely to use it again us.

Regarding the IS-7, the difference is penetration. I've noticed a significant increase in damage due to the additional penetration it has esp. when going up front to front with Mauses and the like (i.e. a T30 makes no difference, a Maus or IS-7 does). On the other side if I look at my 261 the increase in splash (5.14m to 7.62m, same penetration & damage) is much more limited use (only get half splash increase and the arty is accurate) and hence spending gold on ammo is of less value (but once again given the choice between a 261 with or with out gold then the choice would be the 261 with gold).

My concern lies with people being moved out of every game because they cannot themselves buy gold. If/When we have enough gold in the treasury to dish out then yes everyone should be using gold.

i just took a spin in my 261 with the extra rations. it does make a noticable differance. 1 sec + off loading. more engine power and speed . faster aiming. more accurate. in other words everything is 10% better.
    in a T92 for instance, reload would be 4+ seconds faster. in the course of a battle, thats at least worth another kill.
    considering gold shells for the T92 are 17 gold and if you stock up on rations during a special at 25 gold. i defininatly think they are worth it.

phil3995 wrote: »
    My concern lies with people being moved out of every game because they cannot themselves buy gold. If/When we have enough gold in the treasury to dish out then yes everyone should be using gold.
    That is not going to be the case for a very long while; excluding the BS with HQ issues we'd look at 120 gold per land. That's not going to cover the bills at 10+ gold per shell for 15 people (and that's assuming 1 battle per night only which is unlikey between attacking and defending).

I'm sorry if I'm stepping on someone toes here but it's the same type of call done today when picking a team. At the end of the night there will be people who did not get picked (due to tank, timing or simply down to bad luck) due to the BC going in with what they consider the best chances of winning with team setup of tanks.

At the end of the day gold shells / consumables (depending on tank etc.) does give an advantage; there's no way around that as a fact. As we keep on fighting against other clans that hold land chances keep on increasing that they will be using said shells and consumables to defend their land / take new land.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

the day that someone without gold is subed out is the day i leave the clan again ,,the game is deer enough for premium without wanting ppl to buy gold for a cw game and yes i have used gold in my is7 and didnt even notice the diff i can get the same pen from normal shell so and will not buy gold ammo again its a waist of time,,so let me know if this is the case,,,,save me the time pressing join battle........

mercenary2 wrote: »
    the day that someone without gold is subed out is the day i leave the clan again ,,the game is deer enough for premium without wanting ppl to buy gold for a cw game and yes i have used gold in my is7 and didnt even notice the diff i can get the same pen from normal shell so and will not buy gold ammo again its a waist of time,,so let me know if this is the case,,,,save me the time pressing join battle........

thh i dont see much a differance on the IS7 either, but there is a noticable differance on the E100. in fact without gold shells on the big gun, the e100 is pretty useless.
    the biggest differance for the team though would be for arty. 10m instead of 7 meter splash for T92 + using the case of cola (usa only).plus 10% increase in view range, gun loading speed, aiming speed, etc

im not comfortable with a guy being swaped out of match either, but on the other side, its a bit unfair on the guys paying and using gold shells/consumables all the time and others not.

Before this wasnt really an issue. we might make a landing final maybe once a week and load gold shells, but if we take multiple provences, it could mean 20 battles a week that would need gold.
    the sad fact is that the other clans are using gold shells/consumables.

im not pushing for using gold btw, but i suppose we need to discuss the issue
    at some stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 zh1

Advantages of using a T30, who needs gold shells? :P

This issue needs to be discussed properly between all the Commanders of the clan, however I would suggest that the opinions of the whole clan are heard before any decisions are made.

The fact of the matter is yes the big clans are using gold this gives them an advantage the other issue is most of those clans are getting the gold for free. The point is a fair one the gold shells and consumables provide an advantage no one can deny this whether the advantage is big enough for a player to be swapped out is the question here. How many of us can afford to keep spending money to pay for the gold shells/consumables? I know for a fact that I can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

as i said the day we need spend real money to buy gold for a cw battle is the day im out most of us dont spend money to buy real land ...this is a game fair enough if we held enough land like most cw teams provide gold shells to hold the land but there is not enough diff to make a player buy gold to play..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

zh1 wrote: »
    Advantages of using a T30, who needs gold shells? :P

If only you could buy a 'gold' hull for it eh? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11 zh1

If only you could buy a 'gold' hull for it eh? :p

Yeah thats a problem but most people wont go around a corner knowing your looking down it unless they know your reloading. Only thing that kills a T30 is numbers.

lets try and stay on topic. im amazed there isnt more opinions on this tbh. how many in the clan actually read the forums?

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    lets try and stay on topic. im amazed there isnt more opinions on this tbh. how many in the clan actually read the forums?

Not very many TBH.

I personally do load gold for the important matches. It certainly can give you an advantage.

GW Type E - larger splash damage radius is the only benefit you can see in the stats, however, I notice direct hits do more damage in general.

IS-7 (S70) - I notice a definite difference in penetration with the gun. Its usually fairly hit & miss with regards to its penetration, but with gold I definitely notice I penetrate more shots that I'd usually bounce.

T95 - Gold is a huge difference. The gun is excellent to start wth, but I've even bounced on PzIV's ffs. With gold, the gun doesn't bounce. Its basically a direct fire Tier 6 arty shell. 900hp form an E-100?? I'll have that TYVM.

So personally I don't think this discussion should be about the benefits or not of gold ammo, as I think the benefits are obvious.

Swapping players out for a gold ammo using player?? Hmm, I'm not so sure.

I can definitely see arguments for both sides if I'm honest. There is a perceivable benefit to using gold ammo, noone can deny that. But to swap a player out for another with gold?? It just seems wrong, even if I do think it may give a certain advantage.

Successful team in CW didn't get there, and hold their land etc by not using gold. They ALL use gold, 100% of the time. If there was no advantage to this, they wouldn't.

I certainly think that battles with owners, and defending any land we have, we should be trying to give ourselves every advantage possible, and if that means gold shells, then so be it.

It wouldn't mean anyone would be excluded from CW, but it does mean we'd be picking the best players for the job in the serious matches.

This game is free. Sure you can spend a bit every month to get a premium account or whatever.

In fairness, the cheapest option for gold is what, 6.95?? That's 2500 gold, which would get you 1-200 gold shells.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Personally I'm not a fan of using gold consumables or ammo, it's not really a lack of money issue (though certainly that's at the back of my mind) but more so the principle of being required to pay anything at all to compete.

If I'm feeling flush I usually buy a small stack of gold ammo when it's discounted and load it when I remember for owner battles, however I don't see myself using gold consumables any time in the future. If the clan was to require people to use gold ammo/consumables it would mean I wouldn't be able to play in clan wars (which is really the only thing keeping me playing the game at the moment) so I'd either quit the game or look to find a different clan.

At the same time I completely understand people who think it should be a requirement, it does help and does give the clan as a whole a better chance at gaining land. However, it's not a line I'm personally willing to cross. If the clan were to require it I would be obviously disappointed as it would more than likely mean that I'd be moving on but I'd understand the decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cro_bully

In my opinion gold consumables and gold shells can be a huge advantage but if it becomes obligatory to play in CW lot of people will either leave the clan or stop joining CW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I doubt very much the clan will require players to use gold in CW.

I wouldn't have any problem swapping myself out for someone using gold ammo/consumables. Clan needs the best team possible to be fighting, it's pretty much the same as a tier9 swapping out for a tier10.

• Advertisement

The difference wouldn't be quite as big as t9 v t10! But I'd have to agree that any advantage we can give ourselves is surely a bonus.

Advertisement