Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three in carlow?

Options
  • 10-02-2012 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭

whats the coverage like in carlow ? thinking of switching to them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

its bad around southern gardens since the college built the stadium and that new building

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Im actually in Bagenalstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

threein99 wrote: »
    Im actually in Bagenalstown

get a free sim off them and see what they are like where you are.

Im in carlow town and had to resort to comreg to get away from them. Had no coverage at all.

Try before you commit as they are difficult to try get any help from if you find you have network/data issues

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Jacques Thelad

Be very careful if you trial a Three sim. If you contact them about bad coverage they will swear that they are upgrading their network and it will show huge improvement in 2 weeks - just long enough for your trial period to run out, locking you in to the contract.

Rule number one in dealing with Three: believe nothing they tell you.

If it doesn't work well on day one, it ain't getting any better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

btw should also have said, check their coverage in diff locations . ie: work , home, gf's anywhere else you might spend a lot of time. i found that my phone often never re connected to their network if i went from an area of no coverage to somewhere with.

• Advertisement

Sounds like more trouble than their worth, I will stick to vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Stay away. I used to live pretty close to Bagenalstown. It's just not worth the hassle, they are c****. well you get my opinion ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I was with Three for a while a few years ago. They are impossible to deal with, the coverage was grand for the most part but their customer service is deplorable.

Schism wrote: »
    I was with Three for a while a few years ago. They are impossible to deal with, the coverage was grand for the most part but their customer service is deplorable.

thats cos their customer service is Mumbai's finest :rolleyes:

if u pay staff peanuts you get big lumbering elephants

Schism wrote: »

Where abouts are you based ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

threein99 wrote: »
    Where abouts are you based ?

Carlow Town. The coverage is only 'grand' though, not worth suffering their customer service for.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

I live 3 miles outside bagenalstown - I used to use 3 and it was ok for about 1 month then got worse, it got to the stage where it wouldnt connect to the internet at all. I'm with o2 for the last 3 years and have little problems and at least when you ring o2 you are speaking to someone who understands what you are saying.

its bad around southern gardens since the college built the stadium and that new building

in my parent's house in southern gardens the signal is non existant.

Advertisement